5.

Rowans POV

-----the next day--------------------

Today was the day for the cinema trip, I'm not going of course and Mike trusted me home alone, which was nice as I was new and being trustworthy was a priority of mine. Except with one person, he had it coming for him anyway.

"We'll be back in a few hours Rowan, you know where everything is right?" Mike asked me, everyone was waiting in the van.

"Yes thank you Mike" I smiled as he gave me a set of keys and took off down the driveway, Tee waved through the window and I returned the gesture.

When I saw the van disappear, I instantly got to work. I ran up the stairs straight to his room. He'd been through my things, time to return the favour. As I faced his door multiple thought were going through my head is this the right thing to do? Fuck it.

I tried to open the door but the handle wouldn't budge. Locked? What? No problem, Mikes keys must have a master key for the rooms in case of emergency. After trying a few, finally a click echoed through the hall.

I entered his room slowly making sure not to knock anything over, immediately the smell of cologne flooded my nose, it wasn't a bad smell just REALLY strong. I began looking through his drawers next to the bed, nothing. Just charger cables and condoms. I rolled my eyes at the thought of who he would need them for.

Next under his bed, there was a usual items such as socks, general fluff and things but also a box..? I slid it across the carpet and sat up on his bed to take off the lid. It was filled with envelopes. The address was written and what looked like a child's handwriting but none of the letters had been opened. I couldn't open any, it would be suspicious.

I placed the lid back on, about to out it under the bed, when I heard something metal slide across the bottom of the box, I open it again and dug through the letters. There was a few trinkets, I picked out a solid silver ring, kinda like a guys engagement ring. There was a symbol engraved inside, much like a spade ♤.

This could be useful for later.. It a horrid thought stealing something so nice but I couldn't care less at this point. Some gray, black and silver pandora beads also slid across the cardboard, I left them.

I eventually put the box back under the bed exactly where it was before. I was about to leave thinking i had everything I needed but pure curiousitity held me back. I opened his wardrobe door. Some photos were stuck up inside the wardrobe, all around, even on the roof. Few patches of the oak were visible.

The photos were Polaroids, most of nature alone, but some with him in them too.

I left my searching there. And walked out the room re locking the door behind me.

I sat back down in my room, twiddling the ring between my fingers, I watched youtube until they all returned, I heard the van coming back up the driveway, the gritty sound of the gravel was extremely recognisable.