2.

Rowans POV

The officer walked back into the room, a soft look on her face, rather sympathetic to be honest.

"I'm sorry but it's not legal for an under 18 to be living alone, I've arranged for you to live in a care home for a while, just until things sort themselves out" She said. I knew that wasn't going to happen, if something was going to sort it's self out, it would have happened ages ago. I nodded.

"Could you direct me to where you live? We'll get your things and head straight to the care home"

"Sure" I replied, head hanging low, this was what I considered the end for me.

We left the hospital, I got into the passenger seat of the car and gave directions to the building. We both jogged up the stairs, her following closely behind me. I took my keys out of my bag and unlocked the door.

The apartment wasn't disgusting or perfectly clean. It was my salvaged home, nothing but a bed, built in kitchen, bathroom and my prize possession, the wifi box.

"Will I get the money back from paying for this apartment?" I asked.

"On the way, we'll have to stop at the police station for your legal documents, ill give you the money in cash there" she replied

I sulked around the apartment, collecting all my clothes, cables and nessesities. Once I'd packed my case, I had a quick look round, knowing this would be my last time here.. It wasn't much but it was home.

"Hurry now child, can't be too late" I mentally cringed, I hated being called child, my alcoholic father called me that alot.

--------30 minutes later due to my lazy ass-----------

We'd been to the police station, I'd had to hand them my house keys, in a trade for £900 in cash. Not bad, I'd had to pay £120 a month using what was left of saves birthday and Christmas money for ages. I'd learnt the officers name was Lousia , she was actually nice, filled me in on a few of the details of my new living routine.

I'd get pocket money per month, free meals and I'd have to go to school after the holidays.

Ashdene Ridge. A sigh stated outside a house, the gravel driveway leading up to the door. It was quite dark out, so I slipped my phone out of my jeans to check the time. 21.48. Damn.

I looked up at the house, a window near the top was slightly open, a boy looking out the window, he saw me staring at him an smirked lightly, I felt my face going red and quickly slid out of the car with Louisa. As I closed the door, the front door of the house opened, revealing a cheery man, seeming around his early 50s.

"Hi, You must be Rowan, I'm Mike" he put his hand out for me to shake it.

Louisa handed me my suitcase and my denim bag, which I slung onto my back.

"Well I'd better be off, you're in good hands now Rowan, she handed Mike some paper work before smiling and driving off.

"Right ok, unfortunately you arrived quite late to meet everyone but I'm sure you'll meet them all in the morning, you have your own room so we'll go straight there" I quietly said. The house seemed really nice, the light were mostly off though so I couldn't see much.

He took me up some stairs and across to the side of the house where I saw the guy earlier in he window, my room was facing the other side of the house though, it seemed as though the guys room may be opposite mine. I don't know why I'm thinking about him to be honest.

Mike left me alone to sleep. The room was nice too, basic and simple, there was a bed, a wardrobe and a cabinet/bedside table. I decided to leave my things until morning to unpack, but got my charging cable out for my iPhone. Luckily there was a power outlet next to my bed.

I've always struggled to sleep, so this could be difficult for me in a new environment. Everything happened to fast. I hated it but maybe it wasn't too bad.