4

Dominique

"How crazy has the last two weeks been?" Natasha chuckled as we walked around the park.

"Crazy," I shook my head & kept reading my book. She stayed silent & kicked a stone.

"You okay Dom?" she asked as she looked at me.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked looking at her.

"It's just. You've been so weird lately. Like where do you always leave to at nine every night?" she asked.

"Oh, I'm fine trust me. I've just been working on this novel series with a bunch of people I met in class & they can only meet at nine so yeah," I shrugged & kept reading.

"Dom you know that if there's anything up, I'm down for you girl," she smiled & rubbed my back.

"I know that Tasha. Thank you," I smiled back. We then heard a loud cheer.

We looked forward to see the already crowned jocks of the campus playing football. Like they always do.

"So how's things with you & Brandon over there?" I giggled as I looked at him who was running for the ball. He was the same guy who called Natasha on the day of follies.

"Good. Really good," she smiled & inhaled, "he's so sweet honestly," she gushed & I smiled & looked at the boys. I then made eye contact with Ethan & I quickly looked down at my book.

"Who's that?" Natasha asked as she shook my arm.

"Don't look at him," I said under my breath.

"Hey Dominique," he ran up to us & greeted me. He had this hoodie wrapped around his waist & he was shirtless.

"Dominique Alice Shawn who is this handsome gentleman you have not introduced me to?" Natasha gawked as she stretched out her hand.

"I'm Ethan. Ethan Dolan. & you are Natasha Bartley. You're Brandon's girlfriend," he smiled & took her hand, "he's told us a lot about you," he stood her up & hugged her.

"Nice to meet you," she blushed & hugged her back.

"Off my girl!" Brandon yelled from a distance as he hit Ethan in the back with the football.

"Bastard," he laughed & threw it back.

"So Dominique, have you thought about that thing I asked you about?" he looked me up & down with a smirk.

"Um, I don't think I ca-"

"Of course she would love to go out with you! How about tomorrow at seven?" Natasha smiled as I just shrugged & looked down.

"Yeah. Sure thing," he smiled.

"Great. She's really excited," she giggled.

"Nice meeting you," he smiled & looked at me, "see ya princess," he smiled at me & ran back to his game. I looked down & continued reading.

"Hey! Aren't you excited?" she squealed. I just shrugged & looked around.

"C'mon Dom. It'll be fun. He's super hot & clearly he's into you," she blabbed & that's when I started reading in my mind again.