Chapter 2

"Macie wait!" Karston screamed out fom behind me. I snickered and ran faster trying to find the front entrance to the school.

"Urg, where is it?!" I asked myself quietly while running.

I finnally found the entrance and stopped in front of it to catch my breathe.

"Oh-my-god, how do you run like, ahhh- I can't breathe." Karston breathed out.

"I'm a slow runner, your just slower than I am." I stated while wiping sweat from my forhead with my arm.

He laughed and placed his hands around his neck as if he were to be choking. I strangled out a laugh and walked through the doors.

I headed straight toward the principals office but was stopped by a scretary as soon as I walked in.

"Miss Beat, how may I help you?" She asked sweetly.

"Is it possible if I can talk to the principal?" I asked quietly.

"I'll see one second." She replied, she got up from her chair and found her way to to principal Forrest's office, sticking her head in the doorway and quietly speaking. After a minute she motioned for me and Karston to come forward.

I moved forward with confidence into the office putting on my best innocent girl face that I could which wasn't so hard, it came naturally.

"Hello Miss Beat, Mr. Banks, haven't gotten into any trouble have we?" He laughed.

"No Sir," I braced myself, "not us exactly."

Karston shot me a warning look.

"What do you mean?" Principal Forrest asked, all traces of his humorus tone gone from his voice.

"Well I was walking down the North hallway looking at the map to try and get to my first class when Karston here bumped into me. He was coming fro the opposite way that I came from and in a hurry to. He was warning me not to go down that hallway becuase of the seniors or something. I went down there anyway and Karston followed me. The serinors were there all crowed infront of the bathroom doors if my map stands correctly. Anyway they were all standing out there laughing and highfiving someone named James." Karston coughed angerily from behind me. I shot him a look and he shut up.

I wasn't even finished waking before Mr. forrest was up out of his set and walking out the door towards the North hallway. Sure enough James and his crew where there still laughing and highfiving each other.

"James, prank of the century!" Said his friend beside him, he gave him a man hug nd slapped his back.

"And what would this prank entail?" asked Principal Forrest stepping away from us and into a hole that instatly was created after his vocie broke out. All there was was silence.

James searched through the crowd angerily until his eyes landed on me disbeleif and amusment shot through them.

I froze for a moment not expecting what i was about to see. Hazel eyes that hald gold flecks in them poured into me, Shaggy brown hair that fell just over the top part of his eyes, highcheek bones and his small pink lips pressed into a tight line. I bip my lip and looked down.

When I looked back up Mr. Forrest was confronting him and his friend.

"Thats Ralph." Karston whispered in my ear.

"Who."

"The guy standing beside James." He clarified.

"Oh."

I braced myself for another look back at James who was smirking between the distance between Karston I. When the prinicpal wasn't looking he mouthed in the direction of Karston 'Did you get lucky?'. I blushed so hard and took a large step away from Karston. The principals voice inturupted my thoughts of me and Karston.