Chapter Two

I stand my ground as Chelsea charges. A laugh spills from my lips and gets louder the closer she gets. Right as the knife is about to plunge into my neck, Alex hits it out of Chelsea's hand and I shove Chelsea to the floor. Stay down there, bitch. I take one look at Alex and nod. She takes a pair of gloves and puts them on. Grabbing the knife, she carefully aims the knife into my chest, so that it doesn't pierce any vitals.

I begin to scream out help in an agonizing cry and our first-period teacher rushes in to see students panicking, Alex pinning down Chelsea, and I slumped in a corner with a knife jutting out of my chest.

Mrs. Xiena rushes over to my side, calling out for someone to dial 911 before she begins to tend to me. 

"Honey, what happened?" she asks, doing a poor job of masking her fear.

"I-I don't know. After my friend dropped me off and I entered the room, sh-she just started screaming and went completely psycho. I tried to talk her down, but she pulled out a knife and--oh my god, am I going to die?" I lie, partially acting everything out, but the pain is genuine.

"You'll be ok," she responds. "Just hang in there and stay awake.

*~*

If I'm being completely honest, none of that was planned; at least, not by me. I was terrified when they took me to the emergency room and I was in severe pain. Everyone in our small circle of friends has been wary of Chelsea since I first moved here and joined their group. They were protective and that sense of protection only grew when Eric and I started showing a clear interest in each other. I was never told why to be cautious of her, but now I understand... maybe. The only response I was given was that she's dangerous. A throat clears at the end of the hospital bed, forcing me out of my thoughts. 

I redirect my attention back to the cop that'd been questioning me for nearly an hour now and, mustering the rest of my patience, I sweetly apologize. "I'm so sorry. The incident just keeps replaying in my head and my wound's bothering me. I'll try to keep my focus from now on, though. So, what was the question?"

He smiles sympathetically, falling for the act, and responds, "No, no, you're fine. I understand how hard this must be. I only have a couple more questions and I'll be out of your hair. Now, Ms. Hemmingway, has Ms. Cummings ever threatened or assaulted you before today's incident?"

 "Well, when I first moved here and started hanging out with my friend group at school, she told me if I ever dated Eric Summers, she'd kill me the exact same way Emma Robinson was. She also stated something along the lines About me being Emma's replacement," I explain.

The officer's face goes sheet white at the mention of the girl's name and scrambles to get up out of his chair.

"I'm sorry ma'am," he rushes. "That's all the time I have for questions. I'm afraid I need to leave now."

"Wait, sir, what's wrong?" I ask, a terrible sense of dread filling my gut.

"Ms. Cummings shouldn't have known that Ms. Robinson was dead. Even the cops weren't sure. Emma Robinson was a missing person up until today."

*~*

A/N: I know this chapter isn't as long as the last one, but this is what I have done, and I'm tired. I hope you enjoy and don't forget to vote!