Chapter One: My Mama Always Said...

My mama always told me "Boys only want to hold you down, but you cant hold down the moon, and that my darling, is what you are. Dont let any boy contain your shine." It would be an understatement to say i dont live by this. But she's long gone now. She was beaten to death by my daddy who had a few to many and decided to start some ruckus. When the cops came driving 'round they shot him cause he was threatening them. All this going on while i was playing with my toy cars.

       Mama always used to teach me 'bout cars and all of the ones she raced back at the farm. She would take me for rides in her 1970 Chevelle SS with 450 horsepower LS6 which was the most powerful engine offered in the 1970's, or as Mama told me. When she died i took it real hard. Mama was my best and only friend at the time and she's the reason i do what i do. I race 'round tracks with my best friend against others for money. I get a lot of big bucks from it too.

       "Hey, Autumn, we gotta get goin' to that race meet. We're going to that bar afterwards so be prepared to steal some hot guys car, we need more," says my best friend Teagan as she walked in the room wearing a leather tight-fitted vest showing off her flat stomach and a pair of dark denim booty-shorts. Her long brown hair in its natural curly locks as it cascades down her back. Her bright blue eyes contrasting with her tan skin and perfect complection.

       "You mean besides the other 39 we have in the barn at Pop's barn?" I reply as i fixed my messy braid of fiery orange hair. Yes, it's my natural hair color. I look down at my outfit, which consists of A long sleeve red flannel that cuts of a few centimeters above my belly button and a black leather skirt that ends above mid thigh. I grab my dark brown cowgirl boots and Teagan grabs her caramel colored ones. I apply a red lipstick to my plump lips as Teagan applys a dark purple color. I touch up my black smokey eye and pinch my cheeks adding a pinky color to them. Teagan adds some more eye shadow to her dark and light purple smoked out eye and grabs the keys.

       "Can i drive this time, Teags? I never get to drive off the tracks to these meets," I ask as i hold out my hand in front of me, giving her the perfect platform to drop the keys into. Instead she just shakes her head.

         "Uh-uh, sorry sugar but last time you drived on the road to a meet, we got six speeding tickets from the same cop. We can't afford more of 'em." I put on my pouty face and look up at her with my big green puppy dog eyes.

        "But please, I'll be a good girl this time, i promise!" I plead with her, wanting to feel the grip of the tight leather steering wheel on my fingers and the gas pedal being pushed beneath my feet.

        "Fine," is all she says before she drops the keys into my hand and walks to the passenger seat.