Chapter 2: "What the Hell, Autumn?"

"What the hell, Autumn? You almost got us killed!" Teagan rants as we walk out of the car and out into the race meet. The smell of car fuel and dirt roads fills my nostrils causing adrenaline to run through my veins just imagining driving once again faster than anyone else. I'm actually called "The Fastest Girl in Town" and even the best racers become intimidated when they hear my name. I make racers fear me and im quite happy 'bout that.

         "But i didnt, and we are safe! No speeding tickets either so that means i get to drive again!" I celebrate as Teagan shoots daggers at me with her eyes. She's the only racer that isnt scared by me, but that's probably because we grew up together. After Mama died i went to Pop's and Nana's barn out farther out into the country. They had adopted a baby when i was born so Mama and Nana could raise a baby together but when Mama got rejoined with my daddy they ran away and moved more in town together.

       When Mama died Nana and Pops were more than happy to take me in and raise me and it just so happens that the baby they adopted when i was born is Teagan. We became best friends quickly and spent everyday riding horses, feeding the caddle, and tending to the farm animals and our pets. We could never and will never be seperated. We are a package deal and anyone who disagrees can go fuck themselves. Teagan and I have only had 1 boyfriend in our life and it was the same guy at the same time. Ever since then we decided that we stick together no matter what and no boy can change that.

      But back to now... "The only reason we didnt get any speeding tickets was because you sped away to fast and threw a dagger at one of his tires! You popped a police mans tire! I know we aint saints but god damn that was bad!"

      I just faked innocence and ran to my only other friend Dallas. When he saw me running he opened his arms up for me to jump into like i usually do. Him and I are also childhood friends who grew up together. He lives across the pasture from us. Teagan and I were playing once out in the fields with the cows and horses when we met Dallas. He was running and playing fetch with his golden retriever: Rascal. We said "Hi!" he said "Hi!" back and the best of friendships was born!