1 | goodbye and hello

It's been a week since the movers came to our house. My family and I have been busy packing everything. Today was the last day for clearing up.

     "Seungwan-ah! There's still some boxes left in the attic!" Mom called. I ran upstairs to pick up.

I sigh as I climb up the ladder to the attic.

     "As dusty as ever. I'll miss this place." I said to myself.

Without wasting any more time, I brought three big boxes downstairs. I could barely see anything until-

- slip -

"Ah!" I shouted. The two boxes on top fell while I kept hugging the one at the bottom tightly. My eyes were shut close.

Eh?

I thought I was supposed to hit the ground. I turned around. My older sister, Seunghee holding my t-shirt from behind.

     "Clumsy sister. Be careful next time." She told me.

     "Hehe... sorry..." I apologized as I picked up the fallen boxes.

I went outside to hand them to the movers. "Is that all that's left?" Dad asked. "Yup." My sister replied him.

"All right, sir. You just need to sign here and here." The mover guy told my dad. My dad nodded as he did what he was told.

"I'll miss this place a lot." I said to myself. Mom placed her hand on my shoulder. "We'll all miss it, honey." She kissed my forehead.

"Are you guys ready? We have to get to the airport now." Dad called.

     "Ouhhh.. this early?" I sulked while shuffling slowly to the car.

We all shut the car doors close as we put on our seat belts. I watched as the car went away from the car.

"Do we really have to go?" I pouted. "We all know you miss it. We'll miss Canada too." Dad said. "Besides, you can start anew at Korea." Mom added.

"Yeah... but all my friends are here. And... and... Seunghee-unni won't be with me in high school."

My sister laughed. "Oh and I heard Korean high schools are tough. Seungwan fighting!"

Dad shook his head. "If I can survive it. You can too, Seungwan."

"You'll do just fine." My sister added. "I hope so..." I mumbled.

My phone vibrated. A text.

'See you again someday Wendy. We'll miss you!!' The group chat sent.

I smiled and texted back, 'I'll miss you guys too.'

'Bye bye'