11 | our many sides

| KIHYUN |

I watched as Son Wendy walked away from me. Her long braided hair sway side to side.

I sigh. "See you..."

As soon as I returned to the café, Donghyuk was talking to Joy. She seems semi-uninterested. I mean, who wouldn't. Donghyuk speaks about business to everyone, anywhere, anytime.

When Joy saw me, she smiled a little.

"Kihyun! Oh ya. About what I was saying earlier-" "You know, I have violin classes after this. I better get going." I say.

"Even on a weekend?" Donghyuk asks. I nodded. "I'm upgrading soon. So I better get myself ready." I told him. "See you guys." I left.

• •

| JOY |

Donghyuk sighs. "He's so busy these days." I rolled my eyes. "Right..."

"Ugh whatever." I say, dumping my head onto the table. "I bet Kihyun was lying. I could tell by his voice."

Donghyuk clicked his tongue. "You're strange." I straightened my posture. "It's not like I just met him yesterday."

"Well that's true. You never changed, Joy. I wonder how long are you gonna hide it..." Donghyuk got up from his seat. "See you." He bowed.

I sigh and stirred my tea. I looked at my reflection. "And there was one left. As always..."

• •

| SEULGI |

I arrived at Hangyu University Hospital, Seoul about half an hour later.

"Floor 3." The nurse said. "T-Thank... you..." I say, while panting. I ran up the stairs, too impatient to want for the lift.

I ran, almost slipping. "Ms Kang. Please be careful." A doctor say.

I opened the curtain. My brother sat beside my sickly father. He had an angry and worried expression. "Look at you. You're late again!" He scolds me.

I bowed apologetically. "I'm really sorry... The train was packed and-" "Do you know how we would be like if dad-"

"I KNOW!" I clenched my fist. "I know..."

My older brother sighs. "Just. Just don't be late next time."

I sat down across my brother. Watching as my father lies on the bed unconscious.

• •

| IRENE |

The smell of seaweed fills the room. I sucked in all that I could. "How I love seaweed~"

Out of the blue, a loud knock came from my front door. It must be my brother Junho back from his taekwondo practice.

I unlocked the door and opened it. In front of me, a pale big eyed girl with braided hair was panting with tears in her eyes.

"W-Wendy?" I looked at her shocked.

She bursts out with tears as Wendy hugged me tightly. It was the hug kids give you when they get scolded by teachers. Sympathetic, yet something to be held gently.

"Unni..." Wendy sobbed. I could feel my sleeve getting wet from her tears.

I caressed her head. "Why don't you sit down first and we'll talk about it." I told her. Wendy nodded weakly and went to the kitchen.

I closed the door behind me.

• •

| WENDY |

Irene scooped the seaweed soup into a small bowl. She also poured some green tea for me.

"Here. These should calm you down." She said. "Thank you..." I thanked her weakly.

Irene also placed a box of tissues on the kitchen table. "So what happened?" She asked.

I looked at her. Her eyes showed how worried she is.

"I... I don't know why I came here... But I have no where else... I'm really sorry-" Irene placed her hands on mine. "It's alright. I'm always here to listen." She said.

I never expected someone who seemed so cold and intimidating in school to be a gentle, soft hearted person.

"Well... you see... I have this crush on this guy but he's super close with his childhood friend... And... and... she's also my friend..." I sigh. "I also feel bad for being jealous..."

"Ah. I see~" Irene says. She snapped her fingers.

"There's nothing wrong to feel jealous once in a while. Plus, with the guy you like." I look at Irene.

"But- I don't think you should jump to conclusions... It's just how childhood friends are y'know." She took a sip of her seaweed soup.

"I suggest you get closer to the guy. Maybe understand him more. Hopefully~ He might end up feeling the same later." Irene smiles.

A smile so warm. It even warms my heart.

I quickly finished my tea and soup. I stood up, "Thank you for the short hospitality. I feel better now." I thank her.

"Welcome." Irene says.

I walked out of her house, waving back at Irene who was standing by the window.