{4} The Crew

Lucy's POV

I groaned and rubbed the back of my head. Neptune it was sore, and I was pretty sure that I may have dented the back of my head.

"Oh your awake!"

I looked over to see a small bluenette girl, a human.

Never reveal yourself to humans. I just broke the number 1 rule of the Merpeople.

What do I do? Say something? Play dead? Maybe they'll throw me back into the water.

"Do you have enough water?" She asked.

Water?

Looking down I was in a wooden round pool I think, water was filled up to my waist covering my Yellow tail.

"Oh um yes thank you" I thought my words carefully.

"Ah you can talk" she joked. "Just kidding my name is Levy McGarden, I'm the Historian of the Fairy Tail."

"What's the Fairy Tail?" I questioned.

"This ship. It's called the Fairy Tail, we sail the Seas looking for adventure wherever it may be. It brings trouble, danger and maybe even death but we live for it."

"Wow."

Levy smiled, "Oh since your awake let me get everyone. They'll all want to meet you!" She ran up the stairs.

Oh no I don't want everyone to know about me!

I looked around frantically for anyway I could escape back into the water but there was only wood from the ship.

The sound of footsteps made me shrink into the water. I curled my tail at the bottom and dunk my head under to breath in some water.

I raised my head out and suddenly the room was full of humans gathered around me. I felt their eyes stare at me with intensity.

Finally a red haired woman walked down and stopped in front of her pool, she was quite pretty but Neptune was she scary.

I almost dunk back under my water.

The woman waited staring at me again making me feel uncomfortable, "Hang on Erza!"

My breath hitched as the salmon haired man I tried to save ran down to her, a dark blue haired man and a light blue haired little boy followed.

The boy had strange pointed ears on his head and a thin blue tail. Actually there were three of them like that. A girl with white hair and a man with black and white hair. His ears were round though.

The man grabbed my hand and shook it, "Thank you fish-tail lady for saving my life!"

Fish-tail lady?! How rude!

"I'm Natsu Dragneel Captain Assistant of the Fairy Tail!"

"Yes actually we would all like to thank you for saving Natsu's life. He may be a pain but it wouldn't be the same without him" the woman Erza I think said.

"W-well I couldn't watch anyone drown" I pressed my fingers together embarrassed.

"I'm Captain Erza Scarlet of the Fairy Tail. You know Natsu, the rest here are Gray, Gajeel, Juvia, Levy, Happy, Carla, Lily, Wendy Cana, Elfman and Mirajane."

"Hello" I said quietly.

"Now that the introductions are done we want to know what you are!" Gajeel growled.

My eyes widened, "What I am?"

"Sorry but we really are curious to know" Wendy said, "After all you do have a fish tail instead of legs."

Do I tell them?

I looked at my tail then finally took in a deep breath, "I was certain you humans have heard of my kind. I am a Mermaid, my name Lucy Heartfillia."

"A Mermaid?"

"No way!"

"I thought they were a myth!"

"Well stories did say that they had tails instead of legs."

"But still a Mermaid!"

"Lucy is a pretty name."

"How come we've never seen Mermaids until now?"

"I can answer that" I said, "The number 1 law of the Merpeople is to never revealed to humans."

"Why did you?" Mirajane asked.

"I never intended to show myself to you but I couldn't watch someone drown. I planned to help Natsu then swim back to my home."

"But your net caught me before I could get away and I banged my head against your ship while you raised us up."

Erza took of her hat. She defiantly had a Captain's hat.

"I apologize for taking you from your Ocean. We'll return you back at once. We just wanted to know what you are and thank you for saving Natsu."

"So your just going to go back home?" Natsu asked.

I nodded, "Yes."

"Captain Erza!" A woman with white hair ran down the stairs, "Captain Jellal from Crime Sorciere on ship!"

I noticed Erza's cheeks start to turn pink, "Erza" said a male voice coming down.

"I have something for you."

The man had dark blue hair with a red mark around his right eye. He held up a small purple shard.

The suddenly glowed.

I gasped as it's light engulfed me and a searing pain burned through my tail. I screamed again blacked out but not before hearing Natsu.

"Lucy!"

____________

Oh no what is happening to Lucy! What is this purple shard? Find out in Chapter {5} The Dragon Stone.

Yesterday for me was Christmas and I got the best present ever. The entire Tartaros Arc in Fairy Tail is now available in English Dub on Kissanime. I watched it all last night and OMG comment below if you loved the English voices for Igneel and the other Dragons! I actually didn't enjoy the English voice for Acnologia but I don't really care.

Bye~