Him

Zayn POV

"You can go now" he said in a monotone voice as he handed me my shoelaces.

"thanks" I said smirking as I widdled them around my fingers. The man at the door pointed me out and ascourted me to the gates. A police car was waiting outside as the man shingled around with his keys looking very confused until he spotted the right key and he made a voice of approval and clocked the key into the keyhole. I made a slight click as it opened. He swung the door open for me and I waltzed out looking very smug.

The police stepped out of the car and strode to the otherside and opened the door for me. I slid in and he closed the door behind me. I knew he was putting up a bad cop facade until he plopped down in the drivers seat, checked outside and then started driving.

After a few minutes he pulled over and turned around to smile at me.

"how are ya?" he said in his thick country accent.

"finally got out of jail Bill, I'm happy" I replied unbuckling my seatbelt and jumping to the front seat.

"Dont act so victimized, you were in jail for one night!"

I rebuckled my seat belt and he slowly started driving again, " and it's your birthday, what are you now? 54?"

"56" he corrected me and I cracked a smile, "so seriously where are you going?"

"Well I cant go to Monica's house, she sort of doesnt live thre anymore drop me off at my friends house"

"address?" he asked.

"83 Perrywinkle Street " I said.

He switched to the toll lane and continued cruising down slowly. I was staring out the window. I cracked a smile as I opened the window and stuck my arm out,a couple minutes later my head, too.

"Well, your here" he said slowly snapping out of my trance. I bent over to open the door.

"Bye Bill"

"Bye,Zayn" He finalized as I stepped out of the car and slammed it behind me. I waved one more time and he waved back as he backed out of the parking lot. I walked up to the door and rung the bell twice.

I could hear feet rushing to the door and suddenly the door burst open. My friend had a huge smile slapped across his face. 

"hey mate, how was your night in the slammer" he said jokingly.

"great mate, just great" I said. He slapped my back and pushed me into the house.

"so iys alright if I crash over here for some time?" I asked tilting up my right eyebrow questioningly.

"yeah mate stay as long as you want you know your always welcome here" He said.

"thanks, will I just be sleeping on the couch?" I asked.

"yep" he said simply

"yeah, well thanks again" I said.

"dont worry, I gotta go mate, I've got a date see ya later" He said patting me on the back. The big blonde goofball run out.

I shut the door behind him slowly and slid to the bottom of its cold wooden outline. I let some tears slip out of my eyes and fisted my hair in my palms.

I miss Monica was the only thought in my head when I fell asleep in that exact position; with my knee's pressed against my chest, my face in my knee's, and my hair in my hands.

To a great life, Monica....