Chapter 14- Daisy

Brains led me towards a room at the back of Thunderbird 2. One of which I forgot was there. 

"Y-You've done this before." Brains began to speak. "I-It's only r-really quick. B-But once you're in the room, I-I can't get in. Y-You let yourself out."

"So it's the same as when I was scanned back at Tracy Island?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied. "E-Exactly the same."

As I stepped into the small, square room- which I'd only even been in once before- a bright green light began to blind me. I'd only ever been biologically scanned once, but it was never as brutal and blinding as this. The door slammed shut behind me. It scared me a little. It felt as though something was totally and utterly wrong. It felt as though my eyes were playing tricks on me.

I heard Brain's voice, yet I couldn't hear exactly what he said. I stood there, looking at one wall. One green wall. I kept looking at this wall, but nothing was happening. As I waited, I started to become agitated. But I couldn't stop staring at the wall. It began to grow darker, twisting shapes appearing on it. This hadn't happened before. My heart was racing at what felt like 100 miles per minute, but my breathing didn't change. 

"Erm, Brains?!" I called out. Something was definitely wrong.

I felt dizzy, my head whirring. I heard a banging on the door which I walked through only moments before. But I couldn't orientate myself. I had no idea where the door was. All I knew was that there was a banging.

I fell to the floor and curled up into a ball.

"I'm gonna die." I repeatedly spoke to no-one in particular. No-one was there to talk to. 

"You aren't going to die." Spoke a voice I knew only too well.

"Please, no. Please God no." I whispered into my knees. "If I don't see you, you aren't there."

"Oh, but I am here Miss Creighton-Ward." He spoke. "Sit up."

I did as he said and sat up. My head lifted so I saw his bald head and bright red eyes. "But you're in prison."

"I have my ways." The Hood spoke. 

I stood up and ran towards where I thought the door was. I found the handle, but I couldn't unlock the door.

"Oh Miss Creighton-Ward. Did you seriously think I would let you out that easily?" He spoke.

I tried to ignore him, so I banged on the door and screamed out. "Virgil. Brains!"

"They can't hear you." His voice bellowed. "Just work with me and I'll let you go."

"You're a machine!" I screamed back.

"Enough! Or I can give you some more of that gas that made you oh so suicidal. Crying that you're going to die." 

"No." I cried, slamming myself onto the floor right in front of  the wall in which the Hood's face appeared. "Please." I felt a single tear begin to roll down my face.

He began to laugh. "I love how you shouted for Virgil first. He doesn't love you."

"You're lying!" I screamed back.

"He doesn't. He's only marrying you because he was forced into it by Scott." 

My breathing became even more rapid and I began to shake with annoyance. "You don't know that."

"Really? Watch this."

His face disappeared and was changed to a video of Scott and Virgil, sat outside of Thunderbird 2 at that very moment. They seemed to be laughing and joking.

"I can't believe you actually did it." Scott's voice spoke.

"Yeah, it's all thanks to you." Virgil snapped.

"We're gonna be related to the Creighton-Wards." Scott spoke in a manner in which I'd never heard him speak before. 

"Yeah." Virgil angrily spoke. "But she's so high maintenance. Oh and I believe you owe me $500."

"I told you." The Hood spoke, his face appearing where the video of Scott and Virgil was playing. "Now if you help me, I'll let you out."

I felt weird. Like all my happiness had been taken out of me.  It took me a few moments but I finally looked back towards The Hood, tears streaming down my face. "What do you want me to do?"

"Good." He spoke, "one of my helpers will be in touch. You may go."

With that, the door slid open and he disappeared. I ran straight past Brains to the front of Thunderbird 2 and sat in my normal seat. Ignoring everybody, I just sat there, contemplating what just happened.

It was all a trick. It was your imagination... But what if it wasn't. What if Virgil doesn't actually love me. What have I done?

I must have been crying really loudly as Scott came and sat next to me.

"Are you okay?" He spoke.

"No." I responded, still sobbing. "Where's Virgil?"

"He's just being scanned." He paused. "What's wrong?"

I told him all about what I saw in the scanning room. He looked at me, confused. 

"That isn't supposed to happen. There's something really wrong." He spoke. "Did you say yes to his offer?" 

"There was no other way. He used you and Virgil against me." I took a breath. "Said that he would continue to do so if I didn't agree."

"Daisy, what you saw then was a trick."

"I know that now." 

"Daisy, we all love you. If we didn't, do you seriously think we'd let you stay with us?" Scott asked.

"I know it just felt so real." I responded. 

Scott opened his arms out wide and gestured for me to come closer for a brotherly hug. Scott always gives the best hugs. Ones which make all worries disappear.

"So it was true!" Virgil shouted. "I thought it was just some stupid trick."

"Virgil please." I cried.

"Leave it. My Fiance and my Brother." Virgil stormed out of Thunderbird 2.

"Virgil." I cried once more, before myself and Scott ran out after him. 

"It'll be alright. I'll talk to him." Scott comforted me as we ran together towards the direction in which Virgil had ran.