Part Time and "Friends"

Jack's POV:

I lock my bike on the bike rack at Trent's restaurant.

Walking in I am greeted by the man himself Trent.

"Yo you made it." He says

"Yep. Uh.. What should I do first?" I reply eager to start and help out.

"Ah great a motivated worker, that's what I like! Well you can start by busting tables." He says

I nod and he brings me a bin for dishes and shows me where cleaning rags are.

I get started.

A couple hours pass by when three guys walk in.

I notice their faces but I don't completely recognize them. I understand as I see the highschool shirts they are wearing. They go to the same school as me.

They walk over to Trent and this is what I hear.

"What's up Donny?"

"Nothing much man just got out of school."

I am kinda surprised that highschool kids are hanging out with an adult like Trent. But then again Trent did look like he was in his mid twenties. Plus with me helping I guess I couldn't judge much.

"New staff?" I hear.

I don't look back knowing they were referring to me.

"Not really just part time help. He is super cool man, better than any employee I ever had." I blush from the praise.

Then I hear whispers that I can't make out.

I feel a hand on my shoulder as I am cleaning a table. I turn around.

"Yo dude want to hang out with us?" Donny says looking at me with a devious toothy grin on his face.

I respond "I d- don't think I ca..." I see Trent nod behind the three boys. "Uh.. Yeah sure." I finish. "I'm Jack by the way."

"Cool. Nice to meet ya!"

"All right cool than. Go ahead and get ready to for your ride back when we come back since we'll just be strolling around town for a little bit." Donny says. I nod quickly.

I put away all the cleaning materials away and head outside to put my bike in Trent's car so I'm ready to go home when we come me back.

During the process outside I see diagonally from me Mark sweeping a porch of a small apartment. I finish putting my bike in Trent's little car's trunk and get an idea.

I cross the street and go meet him.

"Hey what's up Mark."

"Oh hey man what are you doing around here?" He replies with his deep voice and a smile.

"Well I am helping a friend for little bit, but I'm gonna hang out with some friends I'm sure if you want to come with us that it will be find." I offer.

He accepts and asks who the friends are and I hear a little restaurant bell ring as a door opens.

It's the guys. "Just those three." I say turning back toward him.

I am shocked to see a nervous and a little scared expression on his face. "U-uhh... Y-Yeah.. actually I'm fine I'll cya later. And be careful." He says and then closes the apartment door behind him.

I am very confused, but then the guys are behind me and Donny asks "You ready?" I nod and we head off towards town.

Wow guess who failed terribly to update daily. *points to myself* this guy!!! Sorry about it guys school gets in the way plus holidays.