Chapter 14 - Challenge

UPDATED LAST CHAPTER. LOOK/RE-READ LAST CHAPTER BEFORE YOU READ THIS ONE. IF YOU ALREADY DID, please continue :)

Amara's POV

I woke up from my sleep and rubbed my head. It was sore from all the commotion the day before. I sat up and looked at the clock, 7:39 am.

I reached for my phone and scrolled through my past messages.

To Nash:

You won.

From Nash:

Won what?

To Nash:

My heart.

I noticed I had a new message from Nash.

From Nash:

What?

He sent that immediately after I sent him my last message. I must have fallen asleep quickly.

To Nash:

I'm sorry, I don't know why I said that. It's not true and I am sorry. I think I was really upset over Cameron last night so I sent you that.

Nash replied almost instantly.

From Nash:

I'm really sorry too. I didn't realize you were upset at Cameron. I sent him a screen shot of these messages and he got angry.

To Nash:

That's fine, I guess. Can you just tell Cameron that I was tired and upset?

From Nash:

Yeah, but I don't know if he'll believe me...

To Nash:

Just please do it.

From Nash:

He said he'll text you.

To Nash:

Ok.

After a few seconds I got a text from Cameron.

From Cameron:

Amara can we talk? In person?

To Cameron:

Yeah

From Cameron:

Meet me at my house.

To Cameron:

I'll be there in five.

I got up and went to my closet to get dressed in some actual clothes. I wore a pair of black leggings and a white knit sweater. I grabbed a hair tie and put my hair in a bun. I skipped make-up considering I was going to Cameron's. He's seen me hurled over and puking.

I grabbed my phone and walked to Cameron's house which was approximately five minutes away.

I reached his front door and knocked. The door immediately opened and I was quickly engulfed in a hug. "I missed you so much." Cameron whispered in my ear.

I walked inside his house. "Are your parents home?"

Cameron shook his head. "They're on a business trip."

"Oh. Cool."

"Amara," He grabbed my hand and sat me down on his couch. "I'm really sorry-"

"I am too." I cut him off.

"What?" His eyes opened wide. "Why?"

"I snapped at you before you could tell me your side of the story. So I'm sorry."

"It's fine. My reason is worse."

"But I forgive you, because I believe that Matt did that."

"Really? You forgive me?" I nodded. "Thank you so much!" He hugged me again causing me to lose my breath.

"Cameron-" I choked out.

"Oh, sorry." He chuckled releasing me from his tight grip.

"Its ok." I said kissing his cheek.

"Lets go up to my room." Cameron insisted.

"Don't try anything."

"I won't." Cameron dragged me upstairs to his room and sat me on his bed. He sat down next to me. "What do you want to do?" He asked with his cheesy smile.

"Play a board game?"

His eyes widened. "What game? I have clue, monopoly-"

"Monopoly!"

"Alright I'll get it." He stood up and went to his closet and reached for the top grabbing a box. He brought it down setting it in front of me. "Which piece do you want to be?"

I thought for a second. "I'll be the hat."

"I'll be the dog." He said with a smile. Cameron opened the box and opened the game board; he set the pieces on 'go.' He handed me money. "Here you go."

"Thank you, who's going first?"

"Well you of course." I blushed as he replied.

"Ok." I rolled the dice and got a seven. I moved seven spaces. I landed on a chance card.

"Every time one of us lands on a fee or gets one, we have to kiss."

"I'll accept your challenge."

A/N: I honestly feel horrible for not updating because I'm keeping you in suspense. So here's a short update. If you didn't get what happened, the last two chapters you read was her dream. I italicized them so its more obvious. So yeah :)

↓ Follow me on ↓

Twitter: @paintingmendes

Instagram: @shaynaxobailey

Pheed: @shaynaxobailey

Vine: Shayna Bailey

Kik: shaynabailey

♥ I love my Pümas ♥