One

Mackenzie

I sat down on my bottom bunk that I shared with no one. Maddie shared a bunk with Kendall, Chloe and Paige, Brooke and Mia, Nia and Sophia, Kalani and Autumn, Brynn and Jojo, and then me. I put my wink emoji pillow on my bed and laid down on it. I unlocked my bright pink iPhone and played the game Cut the Rope. Just as I did, I heard a voice next to me. "Excuse me, but can I share the bunk with you?" "Hm?" I muttered, looking up. A small teenager with long blonde hair, freckles, and bright blue eyes stood next to my bunk and looked at me expectantly. "Um sure." I replied, smiling brightly for the first impression on my new bunk mate. "Thanks so much." She said. "Mhm." I replied. "I'm Jaycee. And...oh, you're Mackenzie Ziegler! I've heard so much about you and I watch your show!" She said excitedly. I wasn't quite sure how to react to her enthusiasm. "Oh, uh...thanks." I didn't like being excited about the show in front of fans, but secretly, I was. Jaycee threw her bag to the top bunk and climbed up, though there was no ladder. The mattress squeaked annoyingly against the bunk. I groaned silently. These nights were going to be long.

                       Sophia

I climbed up to the top of the bunk bed that I shared with Nia Frazier from Dance Moms. She seemed super cool and nice, but I was pretty independent. I didn't want people to make that big of a deal (which usually happened) about me setting the Guiness World Record with 55 (or is it 54? I dunno!) pierouettes. I took out my iPhone 6 and checked my Instagram. I had a lot more likes on my posts than I did an hour ago, the last time I checked my phone. I took a selfie and posted it. #DanceCamp! I'm super bored right now lol! I turned off my phone and set it down next to me. I was tired. I closed my eyes for just a second and...sleep. 

                      Chloe

I set up my bunk. Dream catchers hung above my head, and soft lavender blankets covered the top of my top bunk. I put my teal pillow that said Dream Big on my two other pillows that were under the blankets. I climbed up the bed and flopped down on Paige's bunk. She looked up at me and smiled. "Paigey, I'm bored!" I exclaimed as if it was the biggest deal in the world. "Hey Chlo!" Came her irrelevant response. "Did you even hear me?" I asked. She nodded and patted the pillow next to her. I laid down and looked up at the ceiling. It was cracked. "That one looks like a dog." Paige said. At first, I was confused. But then I realized that Paige was making shapes out of the cracks on the ceiling and wanted me to join her. "That one looks like a bow. Like Jojo's." I said, pointing to a crack. Paige giggled. "That one looks like an airplane." Paige said, pointing to a crack that was, indeed, shaped like an airplane. I smiled. We just kept pointing out cracks that made shapes. And for some reason, it was actually fun.