For Anyone Who Shipps Rily

"Hey, Evans!"

"What is it Black?"

"I'm supposed to give you this."

"I swear, if it's another note from Potter-"

"Actually, its from Remus."

That caught her attention, "Remus? What's he want?"

Sirius held out a book, "He just wanted me to return your book and say 'thanks' for letting his borrow it."

"Why couldn't he do it himself?" She asked as she took the book.

"He's feeling a bit ill today," Sirius said, visibly tending up.

"Again? He's got a weak immune system, then."

"Yeah, later Evans."

*****

"Hiya, Remus."

"Oh, hi Lily."

"Did you enjoy the book?"

"Oh yes, thanks for letting me borrow it. Muggles do write good books."

"Ransom Riggs is one of my favorites. Anyways, you feeling better? Black said you were a bit under the weather yesterday."

"Oh, um. . . Yeah, I'm fine."

"Well, anyways, see you on patrol tonight."

Remus went back to his book for about three seconds until James and Sirius walked up.

"What, in the name of Merlin was that?" James demanded.

"Um, two people having a friendly conversation?"

"Looked a little more than friendly, to me, Moony."

"What are you on about?"

"Come on, Moony, you're supposed to be the smart one. Don't tell me you're really that daft."

"I don't have the slightest idea what either of you two are talking about."

"What do you think? We're talking about you and Evans flirting."

"Okay, you two have officially lost it."

"You've known this long before now, Moony, but we know what we saw."

"Come on, Prongs, you don't really think it was making a move on Lily, do you?"

"Since when have you two been on a first-name basis?"

"She addressed me as Remus so I simply returned the gesture. It's what normal people do."

"But you're not normal, Moony. Far from it."

Remus' face suddenly went hard and he began to gather his things.

Sirius suddenly realized what he had implied and tried to fix his mistake, "Moony, you know I didn't mean it that way-"

"Forget it. I know I'll never be normal, there's no point in denying it. I'd never try to make Lily my girlfriend. I won't put her through that."

"Moony," James began.

"Stop calling me that, it's so stupid!" Remus began to leave. "And don't even bother coming tonight, I'd rather be alone anyways."

*****

"Oi, Evans!"

"What do you want, Potter?"

"I need a favor."

"What?"

"Tell Remus we're sorry."

"What did you go and do?"

"It doesn't matter. But please, he's ignoring us and he'll expect us to send Peter."

"Alright, fine. I really shouldn't because he's probably what makes all your tricks work out the right way, but I'll tell him."

*****

Remus was sitting alone in one of the window seats, staring out at the setting sun.

"Remus!"

"Oh, hi, Lily."

"Are you okay?" She asked. "You look a little nervous."

"I'm fine."

"Potter wanted me to tell you he's sorry."

"Tell him to save it for his pillow."

"Remus. . ."

"Is that the only reason why you came to talk to me?"

"Remus, are you sure you're okay?"

He just nodded his head.

"You know you can talk to me if you need to, right?"

"Have you ever had a secret?"

"I live in a muggle town, Remus. I keep secrets every time I go home."

"Have you ever had something you wanted to talk about but couldn't?"

"Remus, of something's going on at home-"

"No, that's not it."

"Then what is it? You can tell me."

"Promise you won't tell anyone?"

"I can't promise that until I know it's not something putting you in danger. If it is I'll have to tell a professor."

"Well, the professors all ready know."

"Then why can't you tell me?"

"Because I'm a werewolf!" He blurted out.

Remus mistook her silence for something bad, "I get it if you don't want to talk to me any more-"

"Why on earth would I do that?"

"Did you not just hear me?"

"Well, of coarse I did, but why should that change anything?"

"Because I'm a monster," he said. "And now you know."

"No. you are the kindest person I have ever met, Remus Lupin. You are not a monster."

"But-"

She pulled him into a hug,

"Who else knows?"

"Just James, Sirius, and Peter."

"Wait a minute. Isn't tonight-"

"Yeah, the full moon's tonight."

"How long ago?"

"I was five. Feinr Greyback heard my father saying that werewolves were foul creatures and should be killed."

"How-"

"You know the Womping Willow?"

"It was planted. . ."

"Out first year, yeah. There's a passage inside. It leads to that shack in Hogsmead."

*****

That night, Lily couldn't sleep knowing Remus was out there all alone, but little did she that he was in good company.

Eventually, she found out about the others being animagi, and decided she wanted to as well.

About six months later, if you were to look out the windows of Hogwarts, you would see a werewolf, a dog, a stag, a rat, and a dove roaming around the grounds together.