Chapter 14

11:40 PM, The Golden Monocle, City Center.

When the two men got back to the bar their heads hung low, both were unsure what to do.

Tom didn't have to wait long for an excuse to lighten up though, for at the bar stood Sir.Richard of the Gentlemen Gunners "Hey Sir.Richard!" he exclaimed, walking up and standing beside the fine man. Marvin chose to follow the example of going to the bar, standing beside Tom and taking the stool beside him and one step away from Richard. "Why hello Mr.Tom" the gang leader replied, turning to him and tipping the hat "Looking mighty fine this evening" he implied, giving the rogue a polite smile "Thanks Richard," Tom replied, one of the few getting away with the exclusion of the title "You don't look too bad yourself, but lets get to the matter of the job" he continued, taking out a cigar from his suit, cutting its end with a knife and putting it out towards Nick who swiftly lit it "Ah, yes. How did the mission go?" the gang leader leaned half an inch closer as he asked "Well, your information was correct. I don't know how much the guy took, but thanks to Marvin over there..." Tom made a quick thumb gesture towards the other rogue "...He will not be stealing anymore. We left him with a good lesson" once he finished the report Tom put the cigar in his mouth and took a deep breath, burning through almost a fourth of the cigar roll "Such a shame" Richard leaned back a bit, shutting his eyes with a slight frustration showing on his face "And I was thinking that the boy could become a big ally in our operations" he sighed deeply before looking over to Marvin "Oh my! Pardon my rudeness!" he exclaimed, tipping his hat towards the rogue "You assisted Tom in his mission I see?" he moved over towards Marvin to shake his hand "Indeed, It got quite brutal though" replied Marvin, returning the gesture and giving the man a firm handshake "I'm sorry to hear that, I'll make sure to give you some compensation for your effort" he said as he gave Marvin a smile and a card with a familiar number, the same number that had woke Marvin some hours earlier "Thank you Sir" he just replied "I'll make sure to call once I'm done with the night" he added, starting to walk towards the door "Just tell them that Its regarding ¨The Blood Gin¨ and they will get it" Sir.Richard told him. With a small thumbs up, Marvin left the building, standing at the walkway on main street 'Where to go now?' he asked himself, taking up the pocket watch and looking at it, 11:45 PM. Still, hours left.