Gone

Later that night, Joey awoke to a scream coming from the backyard. Feeling scared he buried his head under the sheets, squeezing his eyes shut. He held his breath and counted to five. When nothing happened after five seconds, he let out his breath and pulled the covers down. He saw nothing and heard silence. He tossed back on his side, letting his heart slow. "It's just my imagination," he told himself closing his eyes. Just as Joey was about to drift to sleep, a scream again came from the backyard. Louder and terrified than before. Sitting up in a cold sweat he got out of bed racing down the stairs, to the back door. He quietly opened it walking out into the frigged night. It was pitch black outside only the moon cast his shadow on the wet grass.  He stood there listening for the scream again. The night was still, only the crickets were making noise. He could see a bright light coming from the woods just beyond his backyard. He started walking towards it, beeing such a nieve young child. He entered the woods and the source of light.  Getting closer he could hear a crackle of a fire and a bright light and heat. Approaching he stood a few steps back from the fire, that was at least 49 inches tall. A horrific sight was there. Jeff floated in the air eyes wide with fear. Marchosias was speeking in words he couldn't understand as a small fire started at Jeff's toes, burning him alive. Marchosias looked over at Joey with a smile. "Would you like to try? It'd be great prep for our game" he smiled. Joey stutters as Marchosias lifted him next to Jeff. "Burn him" Marchosias said putting a torch in his hand.  Joey looked terrified at him shaking his hand. "Do it" Marchosias growled his fur standing on edge. Joey tried to think of all the times that Jeff had hurt him putting the torch to his hair. He watched Jeff's hair slowly burn reaching his scalp. Marchosias's laugh echoed through the woods as Joey stopped floating and fell to the floor. He rubbed his knees in agony as Jeff burned into ash in front of him. Laughing Marchosias put Joey in his bed. "Sleep well Joseph... Sleep well"