Part 1: Abandoned

As I walk through the wheat field, I allow myself to flow in the plant, from the grain to the roots. There, I can almost feel the plant, growing and strengthening itself... everyday, every minute. As if it is whispering in my ear, the story of it knowing itself.

I hear this story everyday now.
........................

It was just yesterday when I came upon this road. I would have walked about two miles on my feet when I stumbled upon this really pretty place. It was just getting dark so I decided to stop there for the night. It was a wheat field, two acres I'd say. Like lush brown grass. Tall and straight, as if it was proud of what it was. "Seems like the place I'd stay" I smiled. I went a little further down the sloping hill where it met the grassy plain, just a feet or two away from the field. Opened my bag and took out my shawl. "I'll be sleeping on you tonight" I said. And then I laughed when I realized that I had regarded a shawl as realistically as I would any person.
.........................

They say it is never late to accept the truth, for it sets us free. And the truth I realized that day was that my step mom had abandoned me for good and that no one would be coming for me any time soon. "It's okayy," I consoled myself, sort of. "I'll be able to spend more time with me"

......to be continued.