CHAPTER 3

Nearing Starbucks, I spot Nate looking around for me his phone on his hands ready to call again.

"Hey!" I hear someone call from a distance, "Wait!" It's coming from behind me.

It's probably someone missing a flight. I ignore it.

"Excuse me, miss?" An older man stops me. I smile giving him my attention. If it's directions he and who I assume is his wife need, I won't be any help.

"I think that boy over there is after you." The man says, I half turn to look back in the direction he gestures.

I smile as I spot him, "Jay?"

"What is he doing?" I whisper out loud. He can't be chasing after me?...

"Seems to me that boy is not ready to say goodbye just yet." The man says this time.

"Oh, no. I'm sure it's not that." I'm not really sure what to say. "We just met."

His wife, smiles at me and says, "The first meeting is everything." The couple turns to each other with a smile before continuing on their way. They're adorable.

I'm not sure what she meant by that but, there's surely nothing here, between me and Jay. We just met, I must have forgotten something or, I don't know. That has to be it.

He isn't far from me when he's suddenly tripping, and flop! He falls to the floor.

Oh My God! My hands go to my face.

Being the worry first, laugh later sort of person, I scurry to his side. Helping him up, "Are you ok?" I whispered.

"Uh..Yea." He sounds a bit embarrassed.

He just tripped over his own feet. I guess he really is clumsy. I thought people just exaggerated about that.

Queue laughter.

"Stop," He wines covering his face, trying to hide from me.

"Jay." I draw out, my hands going to pry and pull at his from his face.

Letting me take his hands, "You said Jay?" He looks at me. No longer embarrassed. "You know who I am?"

I snicker, "I think almost everyone knows who you are. I was a fan." I admit.

"Was? You are not now?" He wonders.

I smile, "Everyone has they're fangirl days. Why were you running?"

"I'm-I'm not completely sure." He says almost confused.

"You're strange." I poke. Jay chuckles.

"Thanks, for not leaving me." He takes one of my hands as he says this.

I slip my hand away feeling a bit strange.

"Just imagining the situation in reverse." I reply honestly, my eyes going to look at my hands.

"Well..for the record..." He pauses until my eyes meet his again, "I wouldn't dare leave you."

"Glad to know I can count on you." We make eye contact for a few seconds. When he looks away, he seems to get lost in thought.

His eyes flicker to meet mine with a grin. I can't help but chuckle, "What?"

"I was just—"

"Jay!" He's cut off.