Chapter 6: Thoughts

Mika's POV:

I stopped talking and left time for Yuu to think. Seconds later his head bashed onto my lap and made me jump. I'm so confused, he doesn't want to be near me, so why is his head on my lap? I tilted my head and looked at Yuu, it looks like he's sleeping.

"Hey, Yuu, wake up." I poked Yuu's bruised cheek hoping that it would shock him and wake him up. It didn't.

People were abandoning their food and staring at us. Damnit! Can't they mind their own business in lunch?

I took the time to look at Yuu considering that I honestly had nothing else to do. His hair is dark and soft, he sleeps so peacefully with his eyes shut and mouth partly open. I shivered when I realised that he had just dribbled on my lap. I rested my head on his, it was comfortable and I had no intention of moving my head until lunch was over.

I don't want to skip any lessons, but if it's replaced with time spent helping Yuu then it'll be worth it. I looked at the bruises and cuts on his skin. Damnit, Yuu. Were they all caused by Shiho? I want to protect Yuu, he's my best friend, but with us having different classes, I can't protect him much and that irritates me. He's rebellious and discreet frequently, he won't tell me more than a sentence at most and I just want to help this stupid little demon.

The bell went for the end of lunch and Yuu was still asleep on my lap. I don't want him to get into trouble, so I might as well try harder at waking him up so he can go to class.

I tickled his neck, pinched his cheek, hit his head, screamed in his ear and nudged him off of my lap which made him moan. "Wake up Yuu!"

I placed the palm of my hand on his head and almost burned my hand off. "Damnit! Wake the hell up!" I shouted.

Shinoa opened the door, came outside and looked at me.

"What do you want, Shinoa?"

"Well, Mika, it looks like Yuu's passed out, stop shouting and I'll wake him up." Shinoa said, walked over to Yuu and pushed her fingers against his jaw from where Shiho punched him.

"Shinoa get off of him before I break your finge-"

"GAHH!" Yuu pushed Shinoa's fingers away from his jaw, sat up, leaned against the wall and started rubbing his jaw.

"Sheesh, Yuu. I was only waking you up." Shinoa walked away and chuckled.

"Mika please let me go home." Yuu's voice was surprisingly soft and calm.

"Want a piggyback?" I said, whilst tying to make a reassuring smile.

Yuu glared and looked at me as if I just asked if I could shoot him. He nodded and I carried him to his house on my back.