Questioning

Lawrence had lost track of how long he had been in the hospital. It was torture. No one visited him. All he wanted was to see his daughter. His sleep was always troubled by thoughts of the bathroom. The chilling linoleum tile, the dust and rust. And Adam. Oh fuck. Lawrence frantically smacked the 'call nurse' button. When she first entered the room, she had a look of distress, but once that she saw who had been pushing the button, the look turned to annoyance.

"Yes, Lawrence? What is it now?" she asked, uninterested.

"Why didn't they check the bathroom? There was someone else in there. Did Allison not tell the police?" he insisted. The nurse subtly rolled her eyes.

"Allison never mentioned anyone else, and when the police found you, you were passed out in the hallway. They were going to wait until you were a little more recovered before coming in for questioning," she said plainly. "I guess I could call them in now if you feel that you are able to talk to them."

"Yes, I am fine, bring them in."

When the police finally arrived, Lawrence almost lunged out of his bed. The officer was unfazed and pulled a chair him.

"Hello, Dr. Gordon. You can call me Detective Kerry. As you know, I'm here to talk to you about your time in the trap. I understand that this was a traumatic experience for you, but we need to know everything that you remember so we can get you justice," Kerry said, monotone.

"Let's skip the bullshit, alright. There was someone else in that bathroom with me. The call you got said that I was in the bathroom, so why haven't you checked there? There's notes and tapes and my god damned foot, yet you completely ignore it. Let's talk about that, shall we?" Lawrence snarled. Kerry was taken aback for a second, scribbling something onto her notepad. "Plus if there was someone still alive in that bathroom, wouldn't you want to get them out too? Then you would have another first-hand source to question."

"Listen, bud, I don't need you telling me how to do my job. And how do you not know that this 'other person' was not a hallucination? You could have imagined them out of fear, Dr.," Kerry prompted. Lawrence rolled his eyes.

"The objective of the game was to kill the other person in the room with me. I didn't do it, so therefore I left him alive. And if you would have checked the bathroom, he might actually have a chance. So I will tell you how to do your job, since you are not doing it very well. You need to go back to that bathroom and get him out. I promised him that I would send someone back for him. Imagine how he feels, detective. He is chained to a fucking pipe as we speak." Lawrence was so done with this shit. The whole time he was talking, Kerry only glanced up from her notepad occasionally.

"Alright, we'll send the team back to the bathroom if you give us information," Kerry bargained. Lawrence blinked slowly and his vision blurred. "Dr. Gordon, are you okay?" she asked, leaning closer to him. She stood and stuck her head out into the hallway. "Can I get a nurse please?"

"Just go get him," Lawrence rasped out. The black spots that plagued his vision eventually took over.