Author's Note

The war was always brewing between the Gods and Demons, the Warriors a race that descended from the Gods pick out the demons whenever they can and vice versa. We both look human but have 10x times the strength, sight, hearing and speed of a normal one. Us Warriors are trained to kill the Demons whenever we are out hunting. The Demons could be an average Joe on the street or a rich businessman but we are to get information from them and if that is proven difficult, just put them down quickly.

There are five head families that lead the Warriors, my family being the strongest and oldest.

The Kayes.

That is until now.

We were a small family, my parents were the most ruthless Warriors that had ever lived. Matthew and I meant to follow their footsteps. My mother was captured by the Demons and my dad followed to rescue her. She was brought to the academy in a casket and my dad without his legs.

He took drugs to shut out what happened in the six months he was captured and I could never forget how I found him on the side of the bed, his last day with us.

My 14-year-old brother worked hard to keep up the family title, but he managed to keep it going. Sadly not the members of the family, we were soon drifting apart, he was always leaving to hunt (putting fear into everyone's hearts) and me never being able to get the image of our father out of my head, slowly losing status in the academy.

Life was definitely not easy after being the favorite target of Heather, who was also from one the head families.

It was finally my first time to hunt and let me tell you it went downhill from there.

My name is Serena Kayes and this is the story how I got my family's title to be feared again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey loser, came back to humiliate yourself," Heather and her stuck up cronies snicker. "You shouldn't have come back, you should've died where I left you."

She says it quietly enough that the council members outside of the ring can't hear us. I stare back at her blankly.

I bore my lifeless eyes into her sadistic ones, "I am going to make you wish that you never wanted to take my family's title."

She flinches back shocked that I even talked back to her, though she recovers quickly I still see a glimmer of doubt shining in her eyes.

"We'll see after I wipe the floor with your face" she sneers.

I grin wickedly "Yes we shall see."

The gong's bang echoes, we take our places in the ring facing each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously and are not to be construed as real. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, organizations or persons, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Copyright © 2017 ranita1225

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be used or reproduced in any manner without permission from the author, except in case of brief quotation embodied in reviews.

Also, one more thing my friends l am trying very hard to make this quote famous because of a bet with my friends. It would be great if you use this saying with your family and friends. Thanks 😜😝

"Just because I'm deaf doesn't mean I'm blind "

-ranita1225

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share. Also pls tell me if there are any places to improve or fix.

And let the magical adventure begin.