Chapter 3

Chapter 3! Sorry for the cliffhanger last chapter! This one goes out to my friend Tiffany love you girl!

--------------------------------------------------------

All I can do is run to the door and sprint to Haymitch's house. When I get there I open the door and lock it behind me, and then I slide against the back of the door and sob. I cry uncontrollably for about 15 minutes before Haymitch realizes I'm in his house.

"Katniss?! What are you doing here?"

"Peeta." Was all I could manage to say between sobs.

"Awe sweetheart, what happened?"

"Haymitch, this is serious he thinks I'm a mutt again!" I said, screaming and sobbing at the same time.

"Alright Katniss, it'll be okay," He said trying to reassure me. "Beetee told me that him and his peers are working on a new anti-hijacking drug that reverts the memories back."

"Really?" I say, hope surging throughout me. "Let's go get him and bring him to the hospital as quick as possible."

"Alright, but you're going to have to help me tie him down." Haymitch says wearily.

Once we get back to our house, Haymitch is prepared for Peeta to lunge at him. But surprisingly, he's no where to be found.

"Peeta?" I call, my voice raspy from crying.

Haymitch and I enter the bedroom, where I saw Peeta last. I follow behind Haymitch to find Peeta laying in the fetal position in the corner, crying.

"Haymitch what's going on?!" I asked, panic racing through me.

"Katniss, it's alright you just wait outside."

I stand outside for what feels like an eternity, when Haymitch finally comes out with Peeta in his arms.

"Katniss, it would be best if you took the train behind us to the hospital, I don't want him to... see you."

"Okay," I say, crying again. I hate seeing him like this. "Be safe."

About two hours later, we arrive at a Capitol hospital where Peeta is laying in a bed, needles and devices hooked up to him. Haymitch hugs me and holds me tight, it makes me feel safe. The doctor walks in with a sad expression.

"Mrs. Mellark? I'm so sorry to inform you that Peeta had a reaction to the anti-hijacking drug. He's..." The doctor starts, unable to finish.

"He's what!?" I yell, Haymitch holding me back.

"He's... Slipped into a coma."

I curl up into Haymitch's arms, and my whole body goes numb.