Chapter 6: Aren't You Going to Catch Me?

*Naomi's P.O.V.*

Today is the day... SOFTBALL TRYOUTS!!!

So far of what I have heard there will be college scouts, travel ball coaches, and of course our parents and the team coach.

The other day with Paxton made me realize I don't always have to wear a baggy shirt and jeans. So I stopped. Just like that. Today I decided to wear a my hair down with a crop top decorated with a flower-made heart and faded light blue skinny jeans. And don't forget my black high top converse. Those are always an exception.

I was skipping into gym class when a smiling Paxton spins me into him by the elbow.

"Why are you so smiley today?!" He asks, laughing at my non-stop smile.

"Why aren't you?" I reply. He just raises his eyebrows, "Jeez take a joke! SOFTBALL TRYOUTS!!" I yell in his face and run into the locker room.

"Omi!!! Wait!.." he shouts after me, too bad for him I was already getting ready.

The gym teacher is the football coach and seems to like boy vs girl captains every once and a while. Today... I'm sure you can guess who was picked.. Paxton and I. And it's also dodgeball day! Could this day get much better? But then again this is usual. I get super happy and then nervous but then end up doing great. I don't even know anymore.

Paxton smirks at me and runs to the left side of the gym as I run to the right.

"Ladies first," he says, leaving the cocky smirk on his beautiful face.

Wait... What did I just say?

"Emmet" I start off.

"Kayla"

"Felix"

"Melanie"

"Tanner"

"Zane"

"Velocity"

"Hanna"

"Cameron"

"Marcus"

"Cleveland"

"Clementine"

Coach speaks up,"Everyone please head to your assigned team."

"Why am I always picked last!" Clementine groans.

"Because you're always picked last. Now quit complaining!" The rest of the class cracks up laughing as Coach Flenn sets up the dodgeballs.

I grin at Paxton as he smirks back at me.

'You're going down, Brown' (A/N I know it rhymes) he mouths to me. In return, I just stick my tounge out.

Coach Flenn blows the whistle and I sprint for the halfcourt line, grabbing two dodgeballs and running back to the wall. But that's when it hit me. This is Doctor Dodgeball day which means... I have to DRAG PEOPLE! UGHH! And lookie here, three people were already sitting on the ground rolling their eyes at how long it was taking me. First up Velocity. Next up, Felix. Luckily my teammate blocked the dodgeball flying at my face or else... let's just say the team would be screwed.

Paxton saw me glaring at him and winked at me. WINKED. So, I don't care if its childish, I stuck my tounge out at him. Rolling our eyes both of us went back to pull our teammates to the wall.

-25 minutes later-

"Just leave me here to die why don't ya," Paxton hollers from his spot where he was spread out practically making a "dust angel" on the gym floor.

"Wait that was an option?" I ask sarcastically.

His face dips into a pout and rolling my eyes I offer my hand out to him.

"WAAAHHH!" I shout as he pulls me down onto his chest. I flick his forehead and stand up. Sticking my tounge out at him before taking off down the hallway.

"Oh... you wanna play hard to get now do ya" Paxton chuckles, strolling casually out of the gymnasium.

"Nope. I just like making you run," I reply, peeping my head out from around the corner and taking off towards the softball fields.
====================
Thank you whoever actually reads this. I just want to say always feel free to comment what you think or what u want to happen and maybe I will add it in :)
Thanks,
Jane