Chapter 7: Well of Course!

*Naomi's P.O.V

Whack!
The ball flew off the bat as I swung, flying over the fence. 8 for 15.

"Brown! Step away from the plate and give the rest of us a chance!" Paxton calls from 3rd base. Once again I stick my tounge out at him and send another one flying over the fence before heading into the dugout. The other girls stare at me in awe.

"What?" I ask shrugging my shoulders, "he gave me a few bad throws,". They still don't move. "Whatever..." I say and take a gulp of water.

This school has a fair amount of teams. 2 for each sport... and they call themselves normal.

Plopping down on the bleachers, I stared at Paxton who was mid-air and diving for a pop-up barely in the grass.

"Naomi, right?" A boy with a red billed Mets hat and black hair. I nod and he smiles, grabbing my hand and dragging me behind one of the dugouts. There, the travel baseball coach stood, arms folded with a smirk on his wrinkled face.

"Nice work, Dawson," he said, nodding at the boy who dragged me over here.

"What's going on?" I ask, my eyes flickering between the two of them.

"Well, you know, just a coach asking a girl to join the team.." Dawson says rubbing the back of his neck and half-glaring at the coach.

The coach smiles and nods. My jaw drops and my eyes go wide.

"You're serious?" I question him.

"Well of course!" The coach exclaims, "Coach Hartford, pleasure to meet you. This here is my boy Dawson. He thinks you're a sight. Are you single?"

Dawson stop rubbing his neck and his eyes widen,"DAD!.. Ehm, sorry about him..." he says glaring pointedly at his dad.

I blush and giggle a little. "It's fine. And yes. I am single,"

"Cool," he replies, grinning,"and you still haven't given us your answer about the team, missy," he takes a stride towards me.

I bat his chest and reply "well only if you'll be there," I say playfully and bite my lip.

"See you then, Nomi," a tinge of Italian laced in his voice as he kissed the top of my hand.

"Yes sir," I say and salute the both of them before galloping away. Faintly I could hear Dawson chuckling.

"She's a keeper, son," Coach says.

"DAD!! STOP!!" I can't even help myself. I start cracking up right after up they disappeared around the corner.

Oh how I love today...