Chapter 11: Sierra

Sierra's P.O.V

"Here you go, sir," I smile as I set down his meal in front of him.

He smiles and mumbles a thank you, before continuing to messily stuff his face with spaghetti.

Bzz

Confused, I head to the back room and check my phone.

-I need your help. ~D

Everything goes numb in an instant. He hasn't texted me since... IT... happened

What would he need now?

Naomi's P.O.V

Pit pat pit pat pit pat

"Hff... hfff.." I stop running, hunched over and panting. My heart is pounding so hard I can't hear my own thoughts.

"....been a couple years,"

NO.. I remember that voice.. I look up. Barely over three feet in front of me stands the one and only Dawson Hartford.... GREAT.

He talks on the phone and I can faintly hear the voice of a female through the speaker. Dawson turns around and stops dead in his tracks, noticing me.

"I'll call you back...."

"WHAT?! YOU CALLED ME AND I STILL DON'T KNOW- " he hangs up.

I want to run away, to never look at him again, but something holds me in place.

"Dawson-"

"Naomi-"

We both try to mend the awkward silence... but y'know why would anything work for me. I'M GOSH DANG NAOMI BROWN FOR CHRIST SAKES!

"...can I please explain..?"

"...why?"

"WHY NOT?!" He throws his hands over his head and slams them on the nearby lightpost.

"BECAUSE THINGS HURT!" I scoff, "I DON'T KNOW HOW ELSE TO TELL YOU! DID YOU EVER HAVE EVEN A TINGE OF RESPECT FOR ME?!" tears form in my eyes and I quickly turn around trying to hide them, to get away... anything.

Dawson grabs my wrist and spins me around, tears slightly staining his cheeks. "What do you think?!"

I look him in the eyes, right before he presses his lips against mine, right there, in the middle of the sidewalk.

WHAT HAS MY LIFE COME TO?!

*******************************

I AM SO SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE!! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! ALSO SORRY FOR THE SMALL CHAPTER! School doesn't help either. I HOPE THIS WILL HOLD YOU OVER FOR A LITTLE WHILE

SORRY MY LOVELIES
         -Jane