CHP. 4 - FRIEND REQUEST

My eyes slowly fluttered open as the sunlight shined through the curtains of the window. Squinting my cyan purple eyes, I slowly push myself up. I yawned loudly as I looked around my surroundings, noticing that I was still at the inn. "I guess this wasn't a dream", I mumbled to myself.

I drag myself to the inn's restroom that was available, opening up my inventory for a toothbrush and other things needed to start off the morning. After brushing my teeth, washing my face, and combing my hair, I leave the inn and make my way out.

Still in town, I pull down my log and click on the holographic icon that read "Quests". Clicking on the icon with my finger, it was said that the next stage was across the city--way over on the other side.

Tapping the icon that was labeled: "Navigation", a holographic arrow appeared in front of me. It pointed the way as I walked, acting like a compass. Wherever I walked, the compass stayed in front of me and led me to my location.

With that, I decided to follow the arrow to make it to the next level, Level 2.

As I walked the streets, I took a look of my surroundings. It was amazingly realistic, with many others who are trapped in the game as well. From what I see, many have given up and decided to live in the game. Others seem to be either succeeding or failing.

As I continued to walk with my hood covering my face, someone walked passed me, slightly bumping into my shoulder. "Gomen*", I mutter, continuing to walk.
(A/N: Gomen* means sorry in Japanese)

3rd Person POV

'Huh?', the hooded stranger thought as he turned back, glancing at the back of the person who he just bumped into.

"..Shizu X..?", they muttered as they looked closer at her screen name that floated above her head. "Right.. my quest", the stranger said, pulling out their log to click the navigation icon. With that, they made their way across town.

Shizu's POV

The navigation led me to a train station. The once holographic arrow now had a holographic sign that slowly spun 360 degrees around: 'Northbound'.

As I walked along the platform, a dashboard that read "Heading Northbound: Departing 7 minutes", floated above. After working the ticket atm, I made my way in the train, settling myself down.

"We are now departing. Doors closing", the intercom announced. "AH! S-SAFE!", I heard a panted shout. I slightly tilt my head outward and find someone in a dark blue, hooded cloak, similar to mines. Judging by his voice, it was a guy's. Thinking that his business isn't mines, I lock my eyes to the window. As everything sped across the window, I stared with a blank mind.

Minutes passed and the navigation's estimated time for arrival was another 15 minutes. 'How big is this world? 15 more minutes...', I thought to myself. I noticed that the once panting stranger now sat across from me. With my hood covering my eyes, I slightly glance at him as I took notice of him.

"Nice to meet you", he said with a slight smirk on his face. 'Quite observant...'. He pulls his hood back, revealing his appearance. He had short, messy light grey colored hair and vibrant red eyes. He had a mole under his right eye and his features were very defined. He wasn't buff, neither was he scrawny. Along with his cloak, he wore black joggers and a white v-neck T-shirt, grey colored finger-cut gloves, and black shoes.

"Kazaru—Zaru for short", he spoke. "Shizu", I simply said. "You seem new around here. What quest are you heading to?", he asked. "Second", I simply said, my hood still shadowing my face. "Wow.. I'm heading to my 8th". "...how long have you been trapped here..?", I mumble out of curiosity. "Hah, 7 months. There are only 25 quests/levels, but they take time. Some require lots of materials that you have to scout", he sighed as he leaned back in his seat.

There was silence for the rest of the ride, until it was my stop. I stood up without saying a word, making my way out. "If you need any help, just give me a call", I heard him call out before the doors closed behind me. Just as the train left, a holographic notice appeared in front of me.

'Kazaru—Lvl 8 : Friend Request
Accept | Decline '

Reluctantly I clicked accept, and I continued to follow the compass-like arrow. After walking for a few blocks, the arrow disappears and I stood in front of a casino. "A casino... of course. The most risky games of all", I chuckled to myself as I walked in.