14

"What?" Tyler stood up. "When?" 

His mother was the one to answer. "In a few months, it's not happening right away. In December. But we will all need to start packing up soon."

"And you didn't tell us before?" 

"Well, we wanted it to be a surprise. We thought you guys would be happy, a little change for once, you know?"

He looked back at his siblings. Jay and Mady were looking at each other, and Zack was still glaring at Tyler with hate.

Tyler sighed and went up to his room. Mady and Jay followed, Zack stayed with their parents. 

He grabbed his phone and immediately texted Jenna.

Tyler- Jenna?

Jenna- ya what's going on?

Tyler- im moving

Jenna- ty what? don't joke with me 

Tyler- i swear im not joking that's why i had to come home my parents just told us

Jenna- are you kidding me this can't be happening 

Jenna- I don't understand

Jenna- you have to tell Josh

Tyler- i cant talk to him. not right now. he'll find out eventually

Tyler put his phone down and leaned back on his bed. He could heard Zack talking with their parents.

"...can't live with him anymore! I can't take it." He could hear Zack saying from the living room.

"Honey, what are you talking about? Tyler's fine. You'll just have to wait a couple more years until he goes to college." His mom replied.

"No. No, it's not that. There's something I've been meaning to tell you."

"Yes?"

"Well... Tyler's gay." 

His mom paused. "I do not need you to start this drama as we're trying to move, Zack." she snapped.

"No I'm serious this time!"

"This time" 

Of course this has happened before.

"I thought he had a boyfriend, but the guy denied it. I'm still not sure whether to believe him or not." Zack said.

Tyler- I can hear Zack talking with my parents 

Jenna- oh yeah what are they talking about 

Tyler- me

Tyler heard footsteps stomping towards his room. Zack barged in.

"I knew it." Zack said, crossing his arms.

"Knew what" Tyler replied blankly.

"That you have a," He paused for use of a gagging noise. "boyfriend.

"That's crazy."

"oh yeah? Who are you texting?" Zack said smugly.

"Jenna."

"Gimme that." Zack snapped as he tore away Tyler's phone. He scrolled through the latest texts, all with Jenna. He threw down Tyler's phone and looked away.

"I'll get you...fag."  Zack said as he slammed shut Tyler's bedroom door.