Diary

Beca began to see a therapist when she was thirteen because of her parents' divorce. Her cousin had started taking her when she noticed Beca not acting the same. Maria would drive Beca to the therapist every Tuesday. The therapist told her to write in a diary. Beca began to feel a little better, but was still never the same.

Chloe woke up first in Beca's childhood bedroom. She had gone home for Thanksgiving with Beca to meet Beca's mom and brothers.

Chloe sat up, careful not to wake the brunette and tiptoed to the bathroom. She got dressed and saw Beca still fast asleep upon re entering the room.

She went over to Beca's desk and opened the first drawer. There were pens and pencils along with a little sketchbook. Chloe opened the sketchbook and saw the first picture was a flower. It was a cute flower. She flipped through the other pages. There was a sketch of a swing set labeled "recess". There were no kids in the drawing, just swings and a slide. Chloe closed the sketchbook and put it back in the drawer. She opened the other drawer and saw a big bag of candy. She let out a little giggle. Beca cracked her up.

Underneath the bag of candy, Chloe saw a little notebook. She carefully moved the bag of candy to retrieve the hidden notebook. Chloe opened it and saw "February 6th, 2007" written in scribbled letters across the top of the first page.

"Today Maria forced me to come with her to a therapist. She told me that I should go and that it would make me feel better. I doubt a stupid therapist will help me feel better about my parents splitting. I don't want to be writing in here, but she told me to. She said that it would make me feel better. It's a long and complicated story-"

"Chlo?" Beca groaned and sat up, interrupting Chloe's reading. Chloe froze.

"What are you doing?" Beca got up and looked over Chloe's shoulder. "I remember that day like it was yesterday."

"Tell me about it." Chloe said.

"Sure thing. Take a seat, it's a long story." Beca laughed.

Chloe sat in the bed and Beca sat next to her.

"So it all started in November of 2006." Beca said. "I had just turned thirteen and my parents had announced they were getting divorced. Andrew was twenty three and Marcus was twenty so neither lived with us anymore. I was left alone for most of the day since my mom got a job and I started realizing that life wasn't as happy as I thought it was. I was like you, Chlo and I miss that side of myself. I can't get it back though, no matter how hard I try. That Christmas, my cousin Maria noticed I was acting weird. She thought I was sick or something, but when I acted the same way at her birthday party, she decided to drive me to her friend who was a therapist. The therapist made me write in a diary. Long story short, it didn't help, I'm still a mess, but at least I found you." Beca said and kissed Chloe's forehead.

"Aw Becs. I love you so much." Chloe said.

"I love you, too." Beca whispered. "I wish I was more like you because you're amazing."

"You're even better." Chloe said and kissed Beca.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~