Unexpected

I sat on the toilet in the bathroom and thought. I thought about everything as waited for the results. I had just broken up with Jesse that week.

I stood up and looked at the test. "+".

I'm going to be a mom. I'm going to be a mom. I repeated in my head. I looked down at my still flat stomach. This can't be happening.

"Short Stuff!" Amy banged on the door, interrupting my thinking.

"What's up, Amy?" I asked.

"How does it take you that long to go to the bathroom?" She asked.

"Taco Bell doesn't really agree with my stomach." I lied. She didn't need to know. They didn't need to know. Worlds was coming up in a few weeks and they didn't need any distractions. "I'll be right out."

I shoved the test in my purse before leaving the bathroom and passing the completely confused Amy. I went up to my room in the Bella House. I cried quietly in my bed, facing the wall to hide my face. The poor kid is going to be a mess!

I didn't even hear the quiet footsteps of a curious redhead, until her arm was wrapped gently around my petite body.

"Ssshhh." She whispered quietly, trying to calm me down. "Whatever it is bothering you can't be worth getting this upset about."

I cried even louder and rolled over to face her. She was shocked by how I awful I looked.

"What's wrong, Becs?" Chloe asked. I couldn't speak, so I pointed to my purse.

She stood up and walked over to my purse. She opened it and rummaged for a bit, then gasped. I watched her face as she removed the test from my bag. She looked at it and teared up a little bit before putting it back.

"Becs." She said sympathetically.

"I know." I managed to say.

"You know you'll be fine, right?" Chloe said. "You should be happy."

"No! I'm going to have to raise a baby all by myself! What are my parents going to say?" I said. "Plus worlds are in a few weeks and I'm going to be a mess."

"Don't worry about worlds." Chloe said. "And you're not going to be alone."

"Yes I am. Jesse hates me!" I said.

"I don't though. I'm going to be with you the entire time." Chloe said.

"Chlo, you don't have to." I insisted.

"I really care about you Becs." Chloe said.

"I care about you, too."

Chloe got into my bed with me and put her hand on my stomach.

"Hey there." She said.

"Chlo, it can't hear you." I said, but she ignored me.

"You have the best mommy in the whole world. She's going to take such good care of you." Chloe said. I felt tears running down my face, but I couldn't stop them.

"Chloe." I said.

"Yeah Beca." She replied and looked at me.

"I think I love you." I whispered.

"I know I love you." She whispered back.

~~~~~~~~~