ten

TEN

new year's eve at the bakery.
who would've thought that six months ago this would be happening? that five people would become great friends all because they liked to bake?

faux leather jacket, covering her skin, inha was the first to show up, following after was yoonha and fei.

jimin made his appear around the same hour as huni and the five decided to celebrate their accomplishments as a business, as friends and as anything more.

liquidated drinks sizzled while fei pours each member a glass, eleven fifty nine. so close to midnight."everyone stand together!"

after communing and playing games, decks of cards spread across the tables and laid on the floor. they couldn't deny their happiness when together.

"we're getting ready for the count down! quick everyone make a new year's toast!"

they all scrambled to get their chance to speak, eyeing the taunting clock nervously as they tried to out speak one another.

it was chaotic but fun. the way the girls snorted when they laughed or when someone clumsily tipped over their own feet.

they all dressed to impress though no one was around but themselves. each girl wearing her new year's dress and the boys rocking their favorite shoes.

slowly the remaining ticks of the year were dragging to an end. everyone stepped closer, jimin rests his hand on fei's waist. biting the center of his lip anxiously.

"ten. nine. eight."

the girls held hands, huni nervously shaking in the center of the group.

"seven. six. five."

and yoonha standing on the other side of inha, willing the clock to move faster with his eyes. for some odd reason the last moments of the year's seemed to become very stressful to him.
he wanted to finish off his year perfectly.

"four. three. two."

the chimes. the chimes rung as the ticking of the clock makes its final rounds. soon this year would be in the past and a new day would be upon everyone.

"one! happy new year!"

simultaneously everyone began to move. jimin stole the first kiss of the new year, planting his lips against fei's,

fei and inha both stole huni's kiss as they leaned in to kiss her cheeks.

and yoonha took much pride in pecking inha on the nose, though she was startled eventually her lips turned up.

they all were thrilled to have decided to celebrate together. raising their glasses everyone shouted.

"cheers!"