Having a child

Taylor's POV

   At the hospital

I just had a baby named Kelsey and I am only sixteen. Me and my boyfriend Chris were at a party and then we were so in love and we just made love. When I found out I was having a baby I wasn't going to keep it but Chris said that he would go through with it and stick with me. I thought he actually loved me. Until I was sitting in the bed resting at the hospital waiting for my mom and Chris to come in and visit me and baby Kelsey. It was almost 11:00 pm and still no sign of my mother or Chris. When were they coming? Are they even coming?

My mom (Susan) came into my room "How are you feeling?" she questioned me "I am in so much pain mom" "Yea well your lucky it was only a couple of hours of labor. My labor with you was 10 hours so deal with it!" The nurse came in and gave me the baby. "Welcome into the world Kelsey" The nursed smiled and complimented the name I gave her. The nurse left the room and I was holding the baby and I asked where Chris was. My mom had told me he left and I just went to bed thinking about the worst about raising our child alone.

Ten Months Later

At the Store

Me and my mother were looking at diapers, baby food, and all the things we needed to buy for Kelsey. All I heard was my mom complaining about how it was going to cost at least $200.00 dollars a month. How could people afford this stuff I thought out loud. "They don't have babies at sixteen" she snapped at me. We were walking in the parking lot and she was telling me how she thought I learned from the mistake she made. So basically I was a mistake because she had me at sixteen. 

In the car ride all I heard was a lecture about having a child and how much responsibility it was to have one. Then I finally snapped. "I know you having me was a mistake for you but I really don't need to hear this because I will learn how to take care of Kelsey." "You weren't a mistake." mom said. "That's what your telling me though. Listen I didn't think Chris would leave he said we were in it together but he got scared it's not his fault." There was complete silence throughout the car ride. There was not another word. After we got out of the car my mom told me to take the baby for a ride in the carriage.

Me and her were in the carriage and I was headed towards the school. The bell rang and I quickly turned around but my best friend Kayla saw me "Taylor! Wow its been so long." she said. "Yea well I haven't been doing much really." "Is Chris helping?" "He is working night shifts a lot so its hard for him." She looked at me as if I was joking. "He was just at Monica Jason's party last night. I almost went to the floor. That's why he hasn't been paying is because he wasn't working I thought. There was an awkward silence for a moment until she asked me "You want to come to Amber Trays party tonight?" I shuck my head no. My mom wasn't gonna watch the baby because she was being a monster ever since I had Kelsey. "You really should come it would be awesome for people to see your face." "Alright but I will meet you outside because Kelsey will be in bed when I leave." We both smiled. I couldn't wait to see everyone.