Chapter 1

Alice lay  there on the sand. She was concious, but her eyes were closed and her mind was blank as she slept dreamlessy. A few minutes after, she woke up to the sound of the sea. The tide was low that day, but a bit of water made it's way to Alice's fingertips, making her shiver. Her eyes fluttered open and she found the sky. There was an orange tinge to it and the sun was near the horizon. Large bubbles were floating everywhere. One bubble burst as it touched the tip of her nose.

Realising she was in an unfamiliar place, Alice suddenly sat up, but regretted doing so. Her head was throbbing in pain. She ran her hands through her hair and sighed in relief as nothing seemed to be injured.

Alice's vision was blurry due to the headache. She squinted as she saw an orange object running towards her. Her eyes finally focused and almost jumped to see a small Chimchar running to her with it's hands in front of itself.

"Ah!" Alice cried. The Chimchar found it's way in her arms and ran into her. It was as big as a small dog, it's eyes were humungous and it's tail had a little flame that Alice was careful not to touch. It resembled an orange monkey. Her headache started fading away and she grinned at how cute it was.

"Chimchar!" shouted a voice. It was a boy's voice. It was the owner of the Chimchar and he was slowly running to it. He seemed to have been running for a long time.

"Oh." said Alice as she gently patted the Chimchar. "Is this yours?"

The boy panted for a while before answering. "Yes. He's been very naughty. Chimchar, come back here!" He got out his Poke Ball and Chimchar vanished into it.

"Thanks for finding him." said the boy. "I'm River, by the way. What's your name?"

Alice took this opportunity to take a good look at River's appearance. He had an average height; not tall but not short either. His medium, straight hair was brown but the tips of his hair were blonde, as though they faded in colour. His skin was quite fair, pale even. What was most interesting about his face were his eyes. They were the colour of water with flecks of green. Just like a river.

"You know, it's better if you stand up." said River with a smile. Taken aback, Alice froze for a second and then stood up. She was a few inches shorter than River. "My name is Alice." she said. softly.

"Nice to meet you, Alice. So, where are you from?" he asked. Alice had always learned that she should never give her location to strangers. However, Alice trusted River anyway. After all, he looked about 14. What harm could be done, she thought. "Sydney" she said.

River's mouth opened in shock. "Sydney?! In Australia? That's a whole planet away! How in the name of Dialga did you get here in Poke-World?" 

It was Alice's turn to open her mouth in shock.

"I'm in Poke-World?!" she cried. Alice looked in all directions and indeed, there were Pokemon everywhere. Back on Earth, only rich people had Pokemon and there were none in the wild. But it was completely different on the beach that River and Alice were standing on. Pellipers flew across the sky; some had mail in their mouth. The bubbles that had been floating everywhere were coming from the Krabby. They stood on the cliffs nearby. On the other side, there was a forest and there were a lot of sounds coming from there. They were not animal sounds. They were Pokemon sounds.

River stared at Alice. "This is all very confusing." he said. Alice was about to open her mouth when River placed his finger on her lips. "Explain at my house. It's getting dark. Come, I'll show you where it is." Alice had no choice but to follow. She did not know anyone in this area, let alone this whole planet.