Time To Tell

~Chapter One- Time To Tell~

A warm breeze blew softly on to my face as I woke up. I let out a low groan as I stretched in my bed and blinked blearily, ridding my eyesight of the sleepy haze. An irritable dryness sat in my eyes, the after effects of crying.  I sat up suddenly as the events of the previous night came flooding back into my memory.

I'm moving to Australia.

To live with Aunt Bertha.

Who lived in Australia.

'Look on the bright side,' my wolf said cheerfully inside my mind, 'Atleast there's no stepmom to boss us around there. We can go for runs whenever we want now!

'True', I thought back, a frown on my face, 'But I'll have no friends there, no forests to go for runs in and no freedom. I'll be a rouge, or lone wolf, or whatever they call us there'.  

'Oh, suck it up Princess. It's not the end of the world. We could find our mate there! Ah.. think of the oppotunities." She sighed, I could imagine her eyes closing in delight. 

'Whatever.' I thought back, seeing no point in arguing with my wolf. 

I scanned the room hesitantly and surveyed the boxes that enclosed my belongings. Slowly, I got up off of the bed and walked towards the nearest box which had 'Do Not Open' printed in bold with a permanent marker. I peeled back the duct tape with my manicured nail and opened the cardboard lid. I was immediately assaulted by the smooth, strong scent of my mother's old perfume wafting into the room. Closing my eyes, I let my fingers run across her soft silk blouses and rough denim jeans, savoring the feel of her old clothes that made so many old memories return. When my hands bumped into hard, wooden frame, I immediately opened my eyes and took out one of my mother's prized possessions.

 I was smiling, in the picture. A wide grin that showed my pearly white teeth, and my cheeks were so  pushed back that dimples formed. My blonde hair was shoulder length at that time, plaited to the side with a pretty pink bow. My grey eyes were sparkling with delight at the camera as I was surrounded by balloons. Next to me in the picture was my mother, a stunning lady who I resembled so much. She had the same grey eyes, with the same sparkle in her iris as me, and beautifully soft blonde hair that fell to her waist. Her heart shaped face held a infectious grin of happiness that, as I remember, made everyone around her smile. She had her slender arm wrapped around me as we smiled at the camera, surrounded by presents and balloons. It was my tenth birthday. She had died in a car accident a few days later, and I have never smiled like that ever since.

I kissed the picture of her for a second before laying it softly back in the box. A familiar heartache roared to life in my chest as I closed the box back up and lifted it up on the bed, letting it rest on the bare mattress. "You'll never be forgotten." I whispered to the box, to my Mom. "I love you."

With a sigh, I peeled my gaze away from the box and down to what I was wearing. Sports bra, trackpants and sneakers. I slept in sneakers? Who does that? 

'You, stupid.' My wolf informed me. 

'No shit.' I thought back sarcastically as I made my way to the shower. I grabbed a towel from the cupboard, stripped down to nothing and waltzed into the warm water. I washed my hair and body quickly, shaved my underarms and legs speedily and hopped back out of the shower. Wrapping the towel around myself, I walked back out of the bathroom, noticing with a smug grin that all the mirrors and glass were all fogged up. More cleaning for Stacy. 

I wandered lazily back into my bare bedroom and surveyed the boxes once again with narrowed eyes. Now, where did that bitch put my clothes? 

By instinct I went for the biggest box first, peeled back the lid and found, thank God, at least half of my wardrobe. I rummaged through the clothes until I found a pair of black denim shorts and a simple red singlet with the words 'Don't Mess With The Best' printed on to it. I pulled out a plain black bra and matching black underwear, put them on, and then dressed myself.