Chapter Twelve

WORD COUNT: 1498 words

Nino's Point of View

"He'll be here in a minute." The dark haired lady in a blazer said, her hands folded behind her back professionally. I looked around the foyer of Adrien's home. Everything was clean and sparkling. Man, how uptight can it get?

Gabriel Agreste, Adrien's father walked down the grand staircase, his arms also folded behind his back. His light pink blazer matched with red slacks accompanying a red and white striped tie, made him look something in a horror movie. And he says he is a fashion designer. Even I know pink and red don't go together!

"Adrien's is up in his room. First door on the left." Gabriel explained.

"Uh, actually, I was coming to see you, du-" the black haired lady gave me a stern side-glance, "- sir." I corrected myself.

"Me?" Gabriel looked shocked. 

"Yeah, that's right." I smiled up at the old man - well, I wouldn't call him old, but... yeah, never mind. It's too hard to explain right now. "Look, I know you don't want Adrien to have a party, but it's his birthday, dude-" I caught myself again, "-I mean, sir. It's all he wants." I begged.

Adrien desperately needed this party. This whole mansion needed this party! I mean, look at it. The walls are gloomy grey, the floors are way to clean, the curtain drapes are way to white. It's just too clean!

"No." Mr. Agreste said, raising his hand for me to stop with my speech, "That's final." I pouted.

Seriously, that monotone voice is really getting on my nerves. How can this black haired lady put up with it? Must be some pretty good money.

"That's messed up!" I exclaimed, "He never screws up in class, he always does whatever you tell him. Photoshoots, fencing, Chinese, piano--"

"Nino?" A familiar voice asked, "You're here." I turned to look at Adrien's form coming down the stairs.

"Anything for my best bud." I smiled at him. I then turned back to Mr. Agreste, "Show some awesomeness, du- I mean, sir." I begged, "Please."

Once I finished my 'speech', I looked up at Gabriel Agreste's face, and boy, was he angry. Adrien noticed his father's face, "Forget it, Nino." he said glumly, "Really, it's fine."

I was about to protest until Gabriel interrupted me. Talk about rude. "Listen, young man." He said sternly, "I decide what's best for my son. In fact, I've just decided that you're a bad influence and you're not welcome in my house ever again. Leave now!"

"Father, he was just trying to do something cool for me." Adrien said, his bright green eyes begging for his father to understand. Rage built up in me. This is so not cool.

Gabriel Agreste walked up the stair's leaving the black haired lady to deal with us. Must be some really good money. "Goodbye." she said. What is up with this monotone voice?! I hope it's not the trending fashion because I haven't go the voice to pull that off! 

I start to leave, walking out of the Agreste Mansion foyer until a familiar hand grips my arm. "Nino, wait!" he called, "I'm sorry, my father, he's pretty stubborn. It's just best to stay out of his way." 

"It's not fair, Adrien." I said, anger rising in my throat, "It's harsh. It's uncool." I crossed my arms to emphasise my point and leave. 

"Thanks anyway, Nino!" Adrien called.

I go to the park to think. It's just so calm and quiet and relaxing. I blew on the white wand that held a soapy liquid which creates the wondrous things known as bubbles. "But, Daddy, please!" I hear a high pitched wailing.