WORD FOUR : WIZARD

There are only three schools in the world which have the honor of using the word wizard in their everyday banter, of which the first, and most prominent, is Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. The other two, both written by the same authors, might come as a surprise to you. For both are girls boarding school novels written by Enid Blyton. Do you want to know why exactly the word ' Wizard ', of all things, is regular vocabulary in such books? Well, read on to find out!

HISTORY
In ancient England, far before the medieval times when witches were prosecuted and burnt at stake, there was a period where wizards were greatly valued and in demand. For the more royal members of this time, it became all the rage to have a resident court wizard. One queen, in particular, named Rowena the First, was simply dying to have a local court wizard, only because her sisters had married rich and each boasted their own private holder of magic. In desperation, sick of them bragging at society balls over their jammy buns and scones inlaid with gold, she sent a call far and wide to hunt for one. Soon, search parties were being sent far and wide across the land to fulfill the queens desire.

News soon spread about Rowena's need for a court wizard, and one of her less wealthy sisters heard. Fearing to lose her only one-up on Rowena, she send a charlatan to her sisters court to sham her. But alas, the plan failed miserably. Rowena, blinded with happiness at finally finding a wizard, actually believed he had magical powers, and even married the conniving weasel. In his honor, a gold statue was erected in the town square, with the words ' The Wizard ' engraved upon the base. The townspeople soon began to use the word wizard to describe happy occurrings, and eventually it came to be used as a term to express gratitude and endearment.

DEFINITION
Used this word to describe someone or something you think is simply peach.

WHEN TO USE IT
When Matron gives you pleasant tasting medicine, or there are extra jammy buns at the table.