Chapter Two

Noora was sitting on a couch in Chris' living room, watching her friends drink and have fun. They were standing with people she didn't even know, so coming up to them was out of question.

She wasn't in the mood for meeting anybody knew, all she wanted out of this party was to spend some quality time with the girls and relax a little bit.

Maybe it wasn't quite a good idea, considering the fact that she was the responsible one out of the group, she didn't even drink alcohol or liked parties to begin with.

But there she was, in the middle of one, looking like a lost puppy. She was thinking about bringing Eskild along, but it wouldn't change anything. He was a social soul, so she would probably still sit alone with a drink in her hand, that she wouldn't even try.

The music was blasting out of the speakers, what kind of made her dizzy. Yeah, she definitely wasn't a partier.

She looked around the room looking for Eva, and found her standing by the door arm in arm with her supposed boyfriend, Chris. They did look happy.

Noora hadn't seen her friend smile that brightly since her break up with Jonas, so it probably was a good sign. She just really hoped that he wouldn't break her heart.

Her gaze stopped at Isak, one of her best guy friends at her school. He truly was a sweetheart, and to see him finally happy was also a blessing.

He couldn't find himself for a long time, and he finally did - in another guy named Even. It's like they were made for each other.

She was really glad that everything was working out for her friends. Most of them were at this point of their lives where they could just be happy and enjoy what was left of their school years, before growing up and being responsible.

Maybe that's what made her stand out? She felt like she had already grown up, she had to rely on herself from a very young age. She was only fifteen when she left for Madrid alone and lived there for a longer period of time, before emigrating to Oslo.

Noora didn't need the parties, the wild life of a teenager. She needed stability and peace.

And maybe that's what brought her and William closer? He was almost in the same position as her. By himself, with no family to count on.

They were each other's family. They were each other's homes. At least that's how it used to be. Things changed and she couldn't find a way to deal with it. She found it really hard to get used to the new reality, without him in it.

Suddenly, she felt a weight shift next to her. She turned her head around to see a pair of piercing blue eyes staring at her.

A smile appeared on a stranger's face as he extended his hand.

'Kaleb.'

He looked like he was at least two years older. His jet black hair was messy and a few strands fell on his forehead, creating an illusion like he was barely out of bed.

There was no denying that he was handsome, but Noora wasn't even close to being interested. She just stared at him for a second, before completely ignoring him and turning away.

The blonde still felt his gaze at her what was starting to make her feel a little bit uncomfortable. Thankfully, just as she was about to be even more rude, Sana came up to her in a hurry.

'Vilde's in the bathroom. She had another meltdown.'

Noora stood up and went with her friend. She wasn't surprised. It was kind of a normal thing for Vilde to freak out once in a while. She had a lot of anxiety, and they tried to convince her to go to therapy, but she wouldn't even hear about it.