Unrequited Love- A sidestory from Beautifully Shattered

Something about her had caught his eye. She was beautiful no doubt, but there was something more than that; something deeper than mere beauty. Something deep within that made him wonder why she lived as a social outcast.

     Everything about her captivated him. The loose waves of her long, brown hair; the slight crinkle in her nose when she smiled or laughed. When she was angry, he couldn't help but smile as her lips pushed into a pout. There was nothing she did that he didn't find amusingly attractive. Her eyes were what had originally drew him in. He had never seen golden eyes of that shade before, completed by long, dark lashes. Even the curves that she so obviously despised we're that of perfection in his eyes. She had bewitched him from the moment he saw her so many years before.

     When his parents had drug him to a new town, he swore that nothing good would come of it. The next day, he saw her. He has never been labeled as shy or insecure, but when she was around, all the confidence in the world couldn't save him.

that made him want to know her more. But when he saw the way she looked at him, he knew he didn't stand a chance. He knew that she only had eyes for him.  When he was near, her reaction in every movement and every glance were too obvious to deny. She watched him from afar, too insecure to openly approach her secret love. He wished she would look at him that way, but he knew she never saw him as anything but another face in a sea of strangers.

     It wasn't in him to give up a fight so easily, but he knew he would have to play his cards right if he ever wanted to gain her affections. He settled in his heart to wait until the time was right to approach the girl he longed to know. Aliss Bingley was one girl he couldn't let get away.

To find out who Aliss' secret lover is, check out Beautifully Shattered on iBooks! Also, if you're wanting to know more about the book or R. S. Publishing House, check us out on my facebook page under Roni Harper and Beautifully Shattered :)