{Chapter 3}

'Rose' and I did our mini duo on stage. I could feel many eyes pierce us as we swung around the poles, danced on the stage and I could tell many men were trying to make reservations in the private rooms. After a while our time on stage ended and I took a few shots before dancing with the crowd.

"Hey sexy, heard your name was Sapphire." A man whispered into my ear from behind and put a hand on my waist spinning me around.

"So, what do you want to do?" I breathed as I trailed my fingers up his chest looking into his eyes. He crashed his lips onto mine while moving his left hand to my butt and his right hand to my neck. Our tongues twirled around and I lifted a leg and wrapped it around his leg. My breasts were pressed against his hard built chest and my hands roamed through his hair tugging on it as he groaned. I felt a man come between us, pulling the one I was kissing off me and then punched him in the face.

"She's mine." He growled. I know that voice. Derek.

"Stop it!" I yelled. Heads were turned towards us as a punch was thrown again and again. I stepped in between trying to push them away but only resulted getting kneed in the stomach by Derek. I fell to the ground and I felt two hands placing me on his lap. The music stopped and all the talking ended.

"River, River, can you hear me? River?" Derek questioned.

"Move aside." I heard Riley shout. "WHICH OF YOU TWO FUCKERS HURT MY BEST FRIEND?!?" I slowly opened my eyes feeling an excruciating pain in my ribs. I saw the random guy that I was kissing me lift me up bridal style and brought me to a private room with Derek and Riley following. Soon I heard the music continue and everyone started enjoying themselves again. I felt myself being laid on the couch as Riley scanned her hands over the bruise forming on the ribs.

"River, I'm so so sorry." Derek continued. "I didn't mean to hit you and-" He was cut off by a slap across his face.

"So you hurt her huh?" Riley choked. I tried sitting up but fell back with a grunt.

"Jesus Christ woman, just rest." Riley said. The man walked over and stared into my eyes.

"Let me check your ribs." He said.

"Oh hell no. Your perverted hands ain't touchin her. What even is your name?" Riley questioned. I laughed inside my head. God she was pretty aggressive.

"Uhm, ok. My name's Dante Saldago. CEO of the Vortex Industries." He said. I stared at him. The Vortex Industries was one of the biggest in the world, he was a world wide business man and a really successful one too. He was a multi-billionaire with about $60billion in total. And I River Ramiez, a normal girl with a pretty normal life kissed him. Even more, he was here checking if I was okay. I sat up feeling better and Derek passed me a cup of water. I hesitantly grabbed it glaring at him.

"River, I'm sorry I hit you and I was just-" Derek rambled.

"Jealous? Yeah. I know. Just because you took advantage of me when I was drunk and fucked me doesn't mean I have feelings for you. Actually, in fact. I do. Feeling of hate, anger and repulse!" I shouted before slapping his face and I winced from the pain.

"Ok, I deserved that. River, can I just please have some time alone with you." He asked.

"No. Please leave." I whimpered holding back the tears willing to escape my eyes. Dante sat by me as Riley slammed the door behind Derek.

"Hey, I have a limo out the front so do you girls want to stay over for the night at my apartment, its close by and would be easier to travel to." Dante offered.

"Sure, it's better than walking anyway." Riley replied. "You ok with that River?"

"Yeah." I whispered.