5: Victory

I jumped at him, my mind fogged a bit as I grabbed the loose fur around his neck. I latched my knees around his shoulders as he tried to buck me off. My grip threatened to slip with every turn, twist, and bend. He jumped high in the air but I never let go. He shook me off once and I fell against a large pine tree. I managed to kick off that tree and flip in the air, all those years of gymnastics actually helped I guess. I landed on his back and he roared in anger. He tried over and over again, I never once fell off after that.

          "So Mikey you wanna give up, or are you still fighting?" I asked. "I don't know about you princess, but I fight to the death." He growled. "Alright then, you asked for it," and I took my hands deeper into the fur of his neck and twisted. With a sickening snap his neck broke and his lifeless body fell to the ground. I toppled to the ground rolling off of his back as he fell. "It is over my dear," my friend said. "I know, he will never again pick on those smaller than he, for I have defeated him." "Yes you did, dear Emily and now I would like to tell you my name if you wish." "Yes absolutely, please." I was a little enthusiastic when I said it and he laughed. "I am Tanner Lee Betts." "Well nice to meet you Tanner now can we pleases leave the forest?"