4: The Battle

The hair on the back of my neck bristled, "I wouldn't underestimate the small ones...we might be small but we are a dangerous few." I grinned letting the venom coursing through my veins take over me a ravaging hunger raised in my head. Then Mikey slapped my new found friend and a rage like no other surged through me, I thought that I would go mad when a sweet scent filled my head and calmed me, it allowed me to focus my thoughts and devise a plan. I looked up expecting the bear that Mikey had once been, but rather I found myself staring up at a large white wolf. I gasped at its might, this wolf had shaggy white fur bright blue eyes and he was about seven or more feet tall. The wolf laughed when he heard my sudden intake of breath.

        My companion, whose name I still did not know, said, "Emily, you know what to do." And nodded, I relaxed and said," I do, and I will." I turned to the large wolf who had taken to taunting me with words, such as, "Come on Tiny Tim, don't you have it in you?" and "Aww the little baby doesn't know what to do," and squared my shoulders. He laughed and said "Well, aren't you going to attack me? Oh I bet you haven't even been trained in how to fight have you?" "Trained?" I responded confused. "Mikey, be serious, she's just been turned, she's only hours old, she probably doesn't even know what she is yet." My friend had spoken up from where he was leaning on a large rock. "I do so!" I interjected, in my defense I had been mulling it over in my head the voice change, the fangs the intense hearing, it all led to one thought. Vampirism.

       "I am a vampire! Right?" I asked. "He just looked at me, smiled and shook his head, "Yeah, you are right, so are you going to take him down or are you going to stand there?" I laughed a little and looked at the wolf, " I say it's up to him, so pretty puppy, whaddaya wanna do, leave these woods or fight little ol' me?" he snarled at the use of the word 'puppy' and said, "For that, I'll take you on." He lunged at me, but I had seen him move before he even thought about it, I threw my hands up in the air and as soon as he thought he had me I pushed his paws as they landed on my hands. It threw him with such a great force that he flew against a tree about midway up and fell to the base of the tree. He winced in pain as he rose to his feet and lost the shape of a wolf only to regain his bearings as the bear I had seen before. He raised a paw and before I could react he had swatted my face, one large claw tearing at the flesh, a searing pain struck through me but it only fueled my fire. Blood trickled out of the flesh wound on my right cheek, I acted quickly I grabbed that paw before it ever touched the ground and twisted it until a sickening snap echoed throughout the forest. That snap sent a surge of thrill right through me, as he approached me for the last time...

*Well, here we are, what will Emily do? Will she beat Mikey or will He defeat her? Will there be blood? Who is her companion? There are so many questions left unanswered ...keep reading in Chapter 5...*