Dear New Year

01/01/2017

Dear New Year,

Happy Birthday!

You might not know this, but you're one of those children who are extremely famous even before their birth. We children usually get our big birthday party after spending a year in this place. But you, you're different. Look around the world. Look how the people threw big parties for you even before the day you're born.

I don't know why they were so sad last year. Or why they were so eager to get it behind their backs. But yes, they were really eager to welcome you. With a loud, blaring music, they cheered it out loud. But amidst all that chorus, my cries got muffled. No one cared for this lost soul. But no, I'm going to complain to you about this. After all, it's not your fault.

We humans are lucky, you know. We always chase uncertainty. No one really knows when we'll die. And so, we try to live each day to its fullest. But that's not the happiness you share, do you? Even before you opened your eyes, the countdown to your death had started. It's just 365 more days to go before people would be eager to get you behind their backs as well. When people would celebrate your end as well.

That day, you'll understand my emotions.

But till then, have a blast new year.

Yours,
The Lost Soul