Hey Blues

04/01/2017

Hey Blues,

That's what they used to call you, right? Both of them? You only had yourselves to blame for though. As far as I know, you were always the theatrics. Always keeping people entertained.

You could have always dyed your brown. Or even cut those wisp of hair that had turned blue. But no, you being you, you dyed all your blue. Yes, blue of all the color. I still don't know why you did that? Maybe you were just tired by your name and wanted people to call you something else. Or was it Jai's words of love, I don't know. But yes, they've both called you Blues since then.

But that wasn't the only time you had spiced their life, was it? I had warned you that day Blues. Warned you not to drink. You and alcohol were always a fiery combo. It always brought the best out of you. And it did that day as well.

It had brought out all the emotions you harboured for Jai since eternity. It had brought them all out. I must say you were doing a great job till then. When Tina had confessed her love to Jai, you quietly stepped aside. You let your love go by. But no, it never left you.

He should have stopped you though. Jai should have stopped you. But he didn't Blues, he didn't. And that's where it all started.

You were already drunk, you didn't know what you were doing. But he did, right? He did. And he kissed you back in all his sense. Even that would have been okay. Everyone would have forgot the heroics of a drunk girl. But he didn't stop. He exploited your vulnerability.

He took you to bed Blues. The fiancé of your own cousin took you to bed. But fortunately, or rather unfortunately for him, Tina came there. And as far as I know, that was the last straw in their relationship.

I don't know what Jai has told Tina after that. I haven't even enquired if they have patched up or not. Honestly, I never felt the need to after that day. Because Blues, whatever might happen after that, someone died that day. Yes, you died that day Blues.

You died, and I was born.

The Nataliah that was hidden under you came back Blues. The girl who doesn't laugh. The girl who doesn't fling with people that easily. That girl who's not even a glimpse of what you were. No Blues, I'm not complaining. No, I'm not. I'm actually happy.

I'm happy being the girl no one notices. Yes, I'm happy Blues, I'm really happy. Coz your death allowed me to love myself. Coz your death taught me to be again.

And I'm really happy for that. Though I still wish I could garner enough courage to tell Tina what really happened. I know Jai must have fed in some lies. But you know Blues, you know he's not the one he portrays. You know he could never be loyal.

I just wish I could tell Tina. I just wish Blues.

Yours,
Nataliah

***
Blues and Nataliah are characters from chasing_uncertainty's "12 DAYS TO LOVE AGAIN"

That's my first try at writing a fan fiction.