Chapter 12 - Something's Wrong

I wake up in the morning with a splitting headache and my phone lying next to my ear. The memories of last night come back to me. The last thing I remember is Aidan's singing. I slap myself inwardly for being so childish.
I got Aidan to sing to me?

I get dressed and open the door to see Aidan's car waiting for me. I smile at his early arrival, and climb in.
"How did you sleep?" He asks, smiling weakly.
"Fine." I say quietly, embarrassed of my actions last night.
"My singing's awful. How could you listen to me?" He tells me with a laugh, his eyes focusing solely on the road. I shake my head, he was wrong.
"Your voice is good." I say honestly.
"You sleep talk." Aidan says after a moment or two.
"No I don't." I reply, turning red.
I do not sleep talk!

"So my voice isn't hot?" Aidan says with a laugh. I frown, not remembering saying that.
"I did not say that your voice is hot!" I tell him, crossing my arms. After a few minutes of silence, Aidan speaks up.
"Oh, cupcake. Don't be angry." He sighs, punching my arm lightly.
"Focus on the road, you idiot." I growl. He laughs, but I don't join in.

"I bet Monica's pissed you're not her English partner anymore. She probably would have written a poem about admitting her undying love to you." I say seriously after our laughter dies down.
"Probably." Aidan says with a grin. I admire his smile for a second or two, then look away before he catches me staring.
"Do you think it's strange that Monica and the high school guys haven't done anything to me yet?" I ask, changing the topic.
"No. They're waiting for the perfect moment." Aidan tells me seriously, a frown on his face.
"Like when?" I ask.
"Homecoming." He says.
"There's a homecoming?" I ask. Aidan nods. "Nobody's said anything about it." I say.
"Monica's organising it. She tried to get me to go to it with her yesterday, but I declined." Aidan says. For a moment I thought that he would ask me to go with him, but I was sadly wrong.
Aidan stays silent the rest of the ride to school, and when we split up to go to class, he departs with a quick 'goodbye'.
I groan when I look at all of the homecoming signs over lockers, walls, doors, and windows. It reads:
This Friday. Get a partner or a few friends and come to the gymnasium for the time of your life!
As I walk to my locker I see several guys asking girls to go; using chocolate and poems as bribery. I roll my eyes with jealousy, and get my books quickly.

Math goes quickly, and I run into English excitedly, knowing that Bella was back today.
I squeal as I see Bella waiting in class for me. She stands up and hugs me.
"How you going girl?" I ask.
"Great. Luke asked me to homecoming!" She says excitedly, explaining to me how he asked her. I nod, listening to her every word. "Has Aidan asked you yet?" She asks, prodding me for the details.
"Nope. He hasn't asked yet." I say, feeling deflated.
"Oh, it's okay though. Not everyone else has been asked yet either." She tells me, patting my shoulder. I nod, explaining to Bella what our topic was this month for English. She claps her hands when I tell her that I'm working with Aidan. She gossips and laughs as we wait for the lesson to start.
"Okay class, today we'll be starting to plan our poems. Some of you may have already started which is very good, but the rest of you can have this time to plan." The teacher tells us. I scroll through my phone, looking for an easy type of poem to write for Aidan.
Aidan just sits at his desk, looking deep in thought.
I fail miserably at trying to plan my poem, and end up with several scattered stanzas. Groaning as the bell rings, I stand up, and go out to break.
More boys ask girls to homecoming, majority of the girls accepting. I roll my eyes at their dumb proposals, thinking how cheesy they were.
Well, I can't say much anyway. I don't even have a date yet.
Swallowing the fact that Aidan hasn't asked me to go yet, I carry on to my next class, desperately trying to ignore the couples walking around, hand in hand.

--------

Aidan and I meet at the library after school for tutoring. I sit on a blue beanbag across from Aidan who sits tensely on a two seater couch.
"Hi." I say as we get our books out. Aidan grunts, avoiding eye contact. I brush his attitude off, ignoring his impoliteness.
"Ok. Let's get started!" I say, pretending to be happy. Aidan just gets out his books and starts on the first question. I look out the window, falling into a colourful daydream. Suddenly, a voice interrupts me from the scene playing before me in my make-believe world.
"Anna!" Aidan says madly, his eyes stating how annoyed he was. I wallow in embarrassment, and look away from him.
"Yeah?" I say quietly, avoiding his answer. Aidan growls under his breath, and shoves his book at me. I look at his sophisticated style of handwriting, admiring how neat he was. After a moment or two of reading his answer, I place a tick next to the equation, and hand his book back to him. Instead of saying something to me, Aidan just inhales a breath, and starts on the next question. I figure that something was up with him, but ignore it for the time being.
Looking around, I see that we were the only ones in the library, and that the librarian had disappeared. I put my chin on my hands, and wait for Aidan to hand me his book. Instead, Aidan lets out a furious growl, and throws his book across the room. I force myself from gasping at his actions, but instead stay still, watching Aidan. His eyes glow with anger, and his hands are clenched.
"Aidan, take a break, ok?" I ask, helpless towards what to do with him. Nodding slightly, he walks quickly out of the room. I sigh and lean back in the beanbag, wondering what was wrong with him. After about twenty minutes without Aidan returning, I stand up with a hint of fear in my actions, and walk out of the library.
"Aidan?" I call loudly, my voice echoing down the corridors. I get no response, so keep walking. I reach the field with no sights of him, and almost give up before I see a shadow around the corner. Walking curiously towards it, I hear a yell of curses.
"Aidan?" I whisper, seeing a figure sitting on the concrete silently. I stand next to him, gasping at the blood on his right hand.
"Aidan, what the hell did you do?" I say, kneeling next to him. He doesn't move. I look at a small crack in the brick wall, blood smeared around the crack. I shake my head, shocked.

-----------

A/N

Thanks to you all for reading! I know this chapter is short, I'm updating again soon!! (Within a day or two)
Pls remember to read, vote, and comment!

Jennifer