Chapter 5: Boiling point

The drive back home wasn't long, we were there within the hour. Archer and I kept a constant conversation which varied from strategy plans to loudly singing the songs on the radio as a very impressive duet. Although Archer is physically large, fit and has a pair. He was practically the sister I never asked for.

Pulling into the 'packs' territory; it wasn't long before Archer parked the car in front of the large house we shared. We consists of Grey, Archer and Myself. The house was three story's, Grey owns the top floor while Archer and I share the second.

The first floor is permitted to guests and is often where the three of us relax whenever there's a spare second in the day. Which is rarely ever. Usually it was after a long training session and we'd all end up piling on top of each other on the couch due to our lack of energy to even attempt climbing the stairs.

We used to have an amazing garden but now it's just dead seeing as none of us really had any interest in gardening nor the time.

Grey was resting on the front steps in his old grandpa chair which we often tease him about whenever we can. He had his glasses on and the newspaper was spread across his leg. The glasses sat at the tip of his noes as his eyes looked up to see the pair of us walking towards him.

Leaning back in the chair it rocked, making it hard for me to contain my laughter but I surprisingly did. My hands gripped behind my back as I stood on my tip toes, my eyes widening slightly.

"Give it up Kayla, pulling your puppy dog look isn't going to get you out of this one"

His gruff voice made me fall back onto my heels with a huff. My mouth pressed in a thin line as I awaited his anger which usually followed. Shaking his head he pulled the newspaper in front of his face, giving Archer a sideways look I saw he was as confused as I currently was.

"Umm Grey"

My voice coming out with uncertainty. He peeked over the paper to look at me.

"Yes Kayla?"

Now I was confused. I looked at Archer for help but he didn't seem to in the mood to help me.

"Aren't you going to yell at me?"

Now it was his turn to frown,

"Why would I yell at you?"

His constant questions were now pissing me off as I held back my snappy attitude

"Oh you know, since I killed two out of four of our leads?"

My voice snapped at him, raising his eyebrow he slowly placed the paper down in front of him

"Clearly yelling doesn't help so until you can control your anger you'll be on training duty"

At this point my mouth had literally dropped at his suggestion, training the new ones? No thanks.

"You're kidding! I didn't come this far to be placed on training duty"

Archer was now backing down the steps to get away from the two hot headed wolves, Grey abruptly stood up. His eyes glowing with authority

"Until further notice you, Kayla, will be training the new pups."

My eyes looking up at his either fury

"And who'll take care of the recovery team?"

My arms crossed in defiance as his eyes darted to the retreating Archer.

"Archer will be leading the group until you return"

This made Archer freeze as he looked between the pair of us, his mouth parted slightly. He would make a good leader, but this was MY team. My anger was boiling at this point and you could see even Grey, an Alpha, was having the slightest trouble to maintain the harsh eye contact I was currently holding.

The reason we were such great 'weapons' was our protective instincts to protect what's ours, this team was mine and I wasn't going to let anyone take them from me. Alpha or not.

I had reached my boiling point and the heat wasn't stopping here.