Chapter 6

Luke, Clary, and Jace still holding Serena were getting ready to head back to the Institute. Being particularly hard to do a rescue mission with an unconscious girl, they left Serena in Luke's house. They were heading out to the Institute when, Valentine was still around the outdoors looking for the Morganstern siblings.

Without any luck Valentine was digging around the side of Luke's house for something that could lead him to Clary and Jace. While he was doing his digging, Clary and Jace were on a subway on on their way to the Institute.

On their way to the Institute, Luke called his pack of werewolves to help out with the rescue mission. Jocelyn was still at the Institute with Simon, and Clary was rushing herself up the stairs looking for Simon.

Simon was just trying to get out of the room that held the shadowhunters that work for Valentine. Valentine has always wanted the Mortal Cup for the wrong reasons. 

Clary, Jace, and Luke all run into the Institute, and find Isabelle waiting for them at the entrance. They ran past her and went to where Simon had called from. Knowing that he was probably still around the room where he had last seen Jocelyn.

They were right, but he was actually locked in the room looking for a way out. The shadowhunters that worked for Valentine had been in the room, and locked him in the room unknowingly. Jace walked in front of the door, and took out his stele. He drew the unlocking rune on the door. 

The door swung open, and Simon came out with his arms wrapping around Clary. Clary returned his hug, and Jace in the back his face flushing red with anger. Them he pushed his feelings aside. 

"Where is my mom?" Clary questioned.

"She was just taken away by some shadowhunters that worked for Valentine. Isabelle and I were around here looking for the medicine for Alec, and Serena has gone missing," SImon answered.

"We know where Serena is, and we are here on a rescue mission to save Jocelyn," Luke said.

SImon only nodded. 

Clary was staring at Jace for the time being. "I need you to come with me, and help me," Clary managed to say. Jace nodded, and cupped his hand on Clary's cheek. Clary backed away from him, and stared at Simon how he was just plainly looking in their direction. There was nothing that could reverse what happened in the past, and Clary could still feel Jace's lips on hers.

She felt a powerful urge to kneel down, and stop the world around her. It was tempting to just pluck Jace's stele from his jacket pocket, and freeze the world for a couple of minutes, but she decided better on it.

Simon went out, and found Isabelle lying by the bed watching was Magnus was doing his treatment to save Alec's life. Isabelle looked straight at Simon, and then lowers her head back to Alec on the bed.

Clary and Jace passed them to the library where the shadowhunters were waiting. Jace broke a shelf, and took the sword from it. He raced at the shadowhunters, and slashed at them, but nothing was hurting them. The demons were around the room surrounding the siblings.

Luke was trying to take down the shadowhunters, while Clary and Jace were trying to get rid of all the demons surrounding them. Jace had given Clary one of his seraph blades, and the fight was on. The demons were soon killed without a moment's notice.

Then Clary and Jace ran over to help Luke with the two shadowhunters, but at the same moment more demons appeared from the other side of the library. They were charging at the group, so the shadowhunters ran off, while the demons came at Clary, Jace, and Luke.

The demons were gone, but the surprised group stared at Valentine, as he walked through the library door. Jace had his seraph blade in his hand ready to fight off this creep. Clary was frozen stiff, she didn't know whether to fight or run.

When Valentine grabbed Clary by the hair, he dragged her across the library to the desk where Hodge use to sit. The card with the cup lying on table. Jace ready to attack Valentine when the time was right.

A/N: 

Hey sorry for the short chapter, and how long time that it took to post it. I was just busy with school work. I also had writer's block for a long while. Hope you enjoy this chapter, and please comment/review, vot, and follow if you haven't already! :)