Prologue

Mary's POV
"This is it." I said to herself

"This is actually happening." I spoke to myself again.

"Crazy people old talk to them selves." Jessie spoke making me jump.

"Not funny, jerk." I spoke through gritted teeth playfully smacking Jessie."

"Owww." He massaged his arm. "Bitch." He spoke again asking to slapped

"That's it Fields." I tore off running after him.

"Shit.Shit.Shit, I surrender" he said with his hand above his face not wanting to get hit

I though about slapping him for the slightest second. She slowly lowered her hand.

"Add a girl." Jessie chuckled.

"Woah, this is beautiful." she grabbed his hand looking at the rose tattoo on his hand.

"Thank you, I had gotten it over the weekend, my dad let me get it as a graduating gift, just a little something to remember my mom by. Roses were her favorite." His voice trailed off.(his tattoo at the top)

I stepped up hugging him from the neck, he threw his arms around my waist crying into my neck.

"It's been so hard without her." He let out weak sobs.

Jessie lost his mom a few weeks ago, my heart aches for him, I can't imagine ever losing my mom.

"What are y'all doing here? Y'all are suppose to be in the auditorium preparing for graduation." A voice belonging to the principal boomed through the hallway.

Jessie and I yanked from each other running the other way to the auditorium.

********************************************
My thoughts filled with how I met Jessie, a friend of mine was his cousin had introduced us just a few months thinking we might hit it off, he was good looking  I'll admit but something in my head was screaming "NO." We just stayed really good friends, nothing happened between us romantically. He is the biggest, lovable goofball, any girl would be lucky to have. I noticed changes in his behavior when his mom passed. I don't blame him. I don't expect him to snap out of it and just go back to himself.

I was snapped out of my thought as our principal called my name to walk the stage. Taking in a deep breath, hoping not to trip or vomit walking on stage. I flashed a smile shaking my principal's hand reviving my diploma and walking off stage.

Everyone said their goodbyes taking pictures and crying as they departed from a hell hole in a way I was happy to be out of school but I'm going right back in for college.

I saw Jessie standing alone, I walk over to him.

"I wish she could be here, seeing me graduate, I did this for her " He let a tear slide down his cheek.

"I know it's not the same, but she's here watching down over you, watching you reach milestones." I gave a warm smile.

"I'm going to her grave if you would like to come?" Jessie said looking down and me.

"I couldn't possibly, I'd feel like I'd be overstepping boundaries."

"If you change your mind, you know where to find me." He give me a small grin and walked off to his car and waved.

********************************************
I KNOW THIS WAS SHORT BUT I DIDNT WANT TO MAKE THIS TOO LONG SO HERE YOU ARE JUST A LITTLE BACKSTORY. LET ME KNOW ABOUT ERRORS PLEASE