Ewwie.

This might be a bit gross, but Laura is sick so if you're crazy squeamish then stop reading after they get into Ave's house. Thankya kindly.

As soon as we all got seated in my beautifully dirty car, an awkward silence swept through us.

"Buckle up." I mumbled and put the car in reverse so we could head home.

It was strange how annoyed I was at the moment. I wasn't even completely sure what I was angry about.

Sure, I was angry because my 'hexa-date' was interrupted, but I think I was mostly worried for Laura. How terrifying would it be to be sick, not know what to do, and be alone.

At that thought my food pressed a bit harder on the gas pedal.

I wasn't going to be upset with my parents. That was immature, and I was a perfectly mature child. Mom and Dad were in a hurry to get to Callie's little meeting. I'm sure they wouldn't have left her in any other circumstances, because they're pretty good at keeping us all safe.

"Ave, you're going ten miles over the speed limit, and we lost Halo and Dino." Jenn warned me.

I took my foot off of the gas and gave her a sheepish smile.

"Maybe they're close behind?" I offered.

"I'll call Halo." Mikey reassured us. He took his phone out and dialed Halo's number as I pulled into our driveway.

It was sort of odd that Mikey, Dino, and Halo all trusted me enough to come to my house. I could be some killer attacker man, and they wouldn't stand a chance against my axe. It felt nice to be trusted though. I might even trust them enough to go over to their houses. Not that I would invite myself. 'Hey guys, let's all go to Mikey's house!' I wouldn't mind going over to his house actually. I was a bit curious of what his room looked like, and what color his walls were. Don't judge! Wall color says a lot about someone.

A phone was pushed under my nose. "Can you give them directions?"

"Oh yeah, sorry." I grabbed Mikey's phone and jumped out of the car.

"Hey Halo. Where are you guys?"

"Were on some street..." He trailed off. I could hear him asking Dino what street they were on. "Thornell. We're on Thornell st. and there's a sign that says Blueberry up ahead. Huh? Like the vegetales Mrs. Blueberry."

"Okay just turn right and then follow that road. We live on Blueberry. It's the third house on your right. Number 247 I think."

"Okay cool." Halo repeated the instructions for Dino and I hung up. I dug through my pocket for a house key and came up empty. Nice. I'm such a smart guy. Always making sure to have a key to my own house.

Jenn pushed me over and inserted her own key into the lock.

I just stared in shock as she opened the door and stuck the key in her back pocket.

"You dropped it." She explained. Mikey stood off to the side and I gestured for him to walk in. Didn't want him to feel awkward now, did I?

"Well give them to me." I huffed, and reached into her back pocket unashamedly. If I accidentally pinched her butt, it was all out of love.

"Whoa." Mikey gaped at my home like it was the freaking white house, which I didn't understand. We lived in a fairly modest home. For rooms, two stories and a kitchen to die for. Everything else was sort of plain.

"Welcome to my humble abode." I made an arm sweeping motion and used my heels to kick my shoes off. They both followed my lead and set their shoes on the wood floor next to the carpet.