ch. 5

- Chris's pov
The next day, not a single feeling of stress comes over me, I'm excited for the day ahead. I guess it must be all the time I've spent with Fonzie, he rubs his positivity all over me. As I enter the Home and Away studios, Fonzie is the first person I see and as his eyes meet mine, I get a tingle rush through my body, butterflies almost. I'm acting like a kid in love, but not in a relationship kinda way, in a brotherly sorta way. See, I've never felt this way before about anything before. I never knew you could care so much about someone you've only just met. I trace my mind back to our first encounter. I like to think of it that when I first saw Fonzie, I felt a spark and he smiled because he knew. My thoughts are broken due to a loud "HEY BRUV!" by Fonzie himself. He jumps towards me and greets me with a hug, his face so close to mine, adrenaline racing through me. I almost thought he was going to kiss me. He releases and notices my blushed complexion and seems confused but who am I kidding, we are just friends.
The day flies with time escaping me, and just as I'm about to leave the studio, Fonzie calls out to me 'Chris hold up!! Before you leave, I want you to open this, I bought you something!'
I hesitantly take the gift wrapped up, well... very uniquely and decide to open the card first. I open the card to see an edited photo of me, Fonzie, Ritchie Ollie and Cameron Dallas on the front. I burst out laughing and Fonzie joins. Last time we were together, me and him spoke about our squad goals and sure enough, he made me a card with it on there. I then go on to expose the Black Sabbath T-shirt Fonzie bought me!
"NO WAY BRUV THIS IS MY FAVOURITE BAND!!!!" I say and 'I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" As soon as the last words leave my mouth, I instantly blush and look up slightly embarrassed as it may have been too soon. But Fonzie didn't seem to notice, he had the biggest smile on his face.
In this moment, I felt so alive and at that moment, I realised that we've got to live before we get older and do what we want, we've got nothing to lose. When I'm with Fonzie, I feel like I can shake off the weight of the world off my shoulders because I've got nothing to prove. And I know, this is the beginning of something amazing...
• Isabella